Lynx Update

Discussion in 'SiriusXM 2.0' started by me_rubin, Mar 22, 2012.

1. voliconjoe

voliconjoe Well-Known Member

I think it may be time to retire the s50. I got crazy wifi and I'd only have to add a FM broadcaster to keep getting it on all the radios but that's minor. How far can you go with the radio before the bluetooth is out of range?

2. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Yea, no problems on the satellite side- I've been getting PF channel on 43 since 12:01am Wed morning. Thanks for checking- Support Team is on it.

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I think they say that the BT will work about 35 feet from the dock. They just shut down my office internet to relocate a server, so I can't check right now. I haven't been more than 10 feet away from my dock at home yet either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

4. SIRIUSaboutXM

Concur- I get about 30 ft with the Lynx, however when I use my iPhone with the Lynx dock, I get closer to 50 ft!

5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Wowzers! I've linked my tablet to my Lynx dock before. That's a cool feature for sure.

6. SIRIUSaboutXM

Support Team has corrected this issue :agree: Also fixed some connection errors I was having problems with. Wow! I'm impressed!

7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Look at you taking care of business! ! ! ! !

What an animal!

Killer stuff. Was there an update this morning or something?

8. SIRIUSaboutXM

No, they fixed it without an update, which I found very surprising.

All Lynx owners: Check your device to see if it's working better. I was having major problems keeping connected to the internet. Almost every time I 'd change channels, I would lose my connection. Haven't had that problem today!

9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'll hook up to the internet after while. I hadn't had issues before, but since they had gotten the web player going, I have been using that a lot at home.

I'll check back in later.
    What build/os # do you have?

10. SIRIUSaboutXM

App version: 1.00.205
    Firmware: 9.8.0

Bluetooth Home Dock: Version 15

11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Same numbers here.

I've been running off of the internet for a little while now without any issues.
    But then again, it's been a while and I didn't notice any issues back then.
    I've got about an hour and a half of work left to do. If something happens, I'll update.

12. spurbs

spurbs New Member

I'm getting a message on my Lynx that reads "your subscription has been updated or changed, please press OK to continue"

It keeps coming back on screen.

Anyone else?

13. SIRIUSaboutXM

Not on mine- I even went to check for an update manually, but no new update was available.

Might be a Friday the 13th thing :crazy:

14. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Mine's been running fine all day.

Try shutting it down and pulling the battery for a minute then see if it comes back.

What version of the firmware and whatnot are showing up on your radio?

15. spurbs

spurbs New Member

I pulled battery out and it's back to normal, so not sure what happened. I'm up to date on the firmware.

16. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

How about that? It was a wild ass guess. Glad it worked out. So far, i haven't really heard of any real problems with the Lynxs.

17. SXM_Help

SXM_Help Member

Hi all -

Sorry to hear you were having problems with our Lynx radio. We are new to the community and would like to help in any way that we can. If you need further assistance, feel free to message us here or send us an email to sxm_help@siriusxm.com.

Thanks,
    SiriusXM Digital Care Team