Lynx Update

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
Lynx Update 01.00.204 3-22-2012

After Lunch today, I came back to my Lynx and it said it had an update...

original.jpg

Lot's of fixes from the Readme.

It says it was released today.. 3/22/2012

I'll update this link later with the contents of the readme. but things like improved battery life. 32gb sd card. and Radio Replay "Please Wait" issue. It seems much more faster with the touch...

But the main question...
I don't see a "LOVE" button....

But here are the numbers from my settings...

Application Version

Baseband Firmware Version

OS Version
SBP_FRO_081_prod

Kernel Version
ruinshay@runnis013#1
Fri Mar 2 14:37:19 MSK 2012

Look to this link for further updates...

Enjoy...

Mike.

Last edited:

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Awesome to see an update. Not surprised its all bug fixes. Wasnt expecting a love feature so soon, just glad they are trying to increase the devices performance first.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Awesome to see an update. Not surprised its all big fixes. Wasnt expecting a love feature so soon, just glad they are trying to increase the devices performance first.

Agreed and I second the awesome. I am still hopeful for the love option in a future update.

I'm still looking forward to getting one. Hopefully this is a sign that another batch isn't too far behind.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
System Update

Lynx Application Version 1.00.204
Released 3/22/2012

The Lynx Radio supports system updates sent over the Internet using a Wi-Fi® connection. When an update is available, Lynx will notify you that the update is ready to be installed. Tap OK and Lynx will restart and update the system software automatically.

What's new in version 1.00.204
  • Radio Replay access continually showing "Please Wait" indefinitely is fixed
  • Playback of MP3 files on microSD showing "Preparing media" indefinitely is fixed
  • Improved stand-by battery life when Lynx is in a vehicle dock that is turned OFF
  • Supports access to songs on a full 32GB microSD Sandisk card
  • Radio Replays can now playback the last 15 min of content
  • Browsing Show Finder while listening to Radio Replays no longer distorts audio
  • Fixed dock type detection
  • Fixed screen wakeup from sleep state
  • Other miscellaneous performance improvements and minor bug fixes
To manually check for system updates, be sure your Lynx is connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi access point, and then tap HOME -> Settings-> About Lynx-> System update. If a system update is available, Lynx will let you know and ask if you would like to install it once the update has been downloaded. Caution – do not turn off Lynx, or remove power, during the update process.

To confirm your Lynx software version, tap Settings-> About Lynx-> Device information. If your Lynx does not show the following, please perform the system update:
  • Application version – 1.00.204
  • Baseband firmware version – 9.8.0
  • OS version – SBP_FRO_81

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I give the company credit for improving the OS and receiver features. Fifteen minutes of radio replay playback is better than none. The love hasn't arrived, but battery improvement and eliminating some bugs gives them a B in my book. Like most I wait with baited breath on the next update and other positive developments.

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
New Update 4/30/2012

Tonight when I plugegd my Lynx into my home dock, it said it had another update. The update ran quickly less than 10 minutes and it rebooted a few times.

Here are the latest Versions. It seems to be minor revisions.

Application Version

Baseband Firmware Version

OS Version
SBP_FRO082.prod

Kernal Version
ruinshay@runnls013#1
Tues Apr17 11:16:12 MSK 2012

It looks like the Application Version went up along with the OS Version It is dated Apr 17th up from the previous March dated update. I could not find any help or description of what was new.

Still no Love Button!

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Cool, probably some stablity/bug fixes.
I've been doing lots of googling on how to get a different flavor of android on this thing, but major android devs don't seem interested.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I was at:
SBP_FRO_081

Right out of the box last Thursday.

It just did the update. It ran pretty quickly and even kept playing music for part of it.

Nice. :thumbsup:

I'm not holding my breath for the Love button for a while. I'm guessing it won't be till after they are done with their legal squabble with the recording Nazis till we see that feature come back. I already miss it though.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
The update fixes a Bluetooth issue.

Lynx Application Version 1.00.205 System Update. Released 5/01/2012 (12:00pm EDT)

The Lynx Radio supports system updates sent over the Internet using a Wi-Fi® connection. When an update is available, Lynx will notify you that the update is ready to be installed. Tap OK and Lynx will restart and update the system software automatically.

What’s new in version 1.00.205
- Fixed issue with Bluetooth connection to home dock randomly dropping

To manually check for system updates, be sure your Lynx is connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi access point, and then tap HOME -> Settings-> About Lynx-> System update. If a system update is available, Lynx will let you know and ask if you would like to install it once the update has been downloaded. Caution – do not turn off Lynx, or remove power, during the update process.

To confirm your Lynx software version, tap Settings-> About Lynx-> Device information. If your Lynx does not show the following, please perform the system update:
- Application version – 01.00.205

- Baseband firmware version – 9.8.0
OS version – SBP_FRO_082,prod

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
The update fixes a Bluetooth issue.

Lynx Application Version 1.00.205 System Update. Released 5/01/2012 (12:00pm EDT)

What’s new in version 1.00.205
- Fixed issue with Bluetooth connection to home dock randomly dropping

- Application version – 01.00.205

- Baseband firmware version – 9.8.0
OS version – SBP_FRO_082,prod
Mine updated also-Thanks for this info.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
So I'm "working" at home tonight. I've got the SXM web player going through my desktop, while I work on my office laptop. It's kinda cool to glance over to what is playing on the other channels.

But looking at the on line player, I see that they have the "Purchase Through" iTunes and Amazon.

Since it doesn't seem likely that we're getting the Love button back soon, why can't they set up the Purchase Through" feature on the Lynx?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
30 new channels were added today: MLB Play-by-Play 910-939
Has anyone been able to get these on the Lynx? I can get them on Internet radio & the iOS apps on my iPhone & iPad, but not on the Lynx. I've tried logging out & back in, but didn't work. I have also been in contact with support on SXM's FB page, but they don't know how either.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yeah. You do have to do k it first to establish the connection, but then you can pull it and walk around with it. You also need to be wi-fi not sat.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Anyone getting Channel 802 Pink Floyd Channel on the Lynx?
I'm also still getting Tim McGraw channel(816) & Enlighten(805) which were just removed from the SXM lineup.

I spoke with the Lynx Support Team last night and they were unaware of this. They said they would probably have to develop a new firmware update to correct this.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Anyone getting Channel 802 Pink Floyd Channel on the Lynx?
I'm also still getting Tim McGraw channel(816) & Enlighten(805) which were just removed from the SXM lineup.

I spoke with the Lynx Support Team last night and they were unaware of this. They said they would probably have to develop a new firmware update to correct this.

I have the PF channel on #43 but 802 is an invalid channel on my Lynx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2