Lynx Update

voliconjoe

Jan 11, 2011
I think it may be time to retire the s50. I got crazy wifi and I'd only have to add a FM broadcaster to keep getting it on all the radios but that's minor. How far can you go with the radio before the bluetooth is out of range?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Yea, no problems on the satellite side- I've been getting PF channel on 43 since 12:01am Wed morning. Thanks for checking- Support Team is on it.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I think it may be time to retire the s50. I got crazy wifi and I'd only have to add a FM broadcaster to keep getting it on all the radios but that's minor. How far can you go with the radio before the bluetooth is out of range?

I think they say that the BT will work about 35 feet from the dock. They just shut down my office internet to relocate a server, so I can't check right now. I haven't been more than 10 feet away from my dock at home yet either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Wowzers! I've linked my tablet to my Lynx dock before. That's a cool feature for sure.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Anyone getting Channel 802 Pink Floyd Channel on the Lynx?
I'm also still getting Tim McGraw channel(816) & Enlighten(805) which were just removed from the SXM lineup.

I spoke with the Lynx Support Team last night and they were unaware of this. They said they would probably have to develop a new firmware update to correct this.

Support Team has corrected this issue :agree: Also fixed some connection errors I was having problems with. Wow! I'm impressed!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Support Team has corrected this issue :agree: Also fixed some connection errors I was having problems with. Wow! I'm impressed!

Look at you taking care of business! ! ! ! !

What an animal!

Killer stuff. Was there an update this morning or something?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
No, they fixed it without an update, which I found very surprising.

All Lynx owners: Check your device to see if it's working better. I was having major problems keeping connected to the internet. Almost every time I 'd change channels, I would lose my connection. Haven't had that problem today!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
No, they fixed it without an update, which I found very surprising.

All Lynx owners: Check your device to see if it's working better. I was having major problems keeping connected to the internet. Almost every time I 'd change channels, I would lose my connection. Haven't had that problem today!

I'll hook up to the internet after while. I hadn't had issues before, but since they had gotten the web player going, I have been using that a lot at home.

I'll check back in later.
What build/os # do you have?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I'll hook up to the internet after while. I hadn't had issues before, but since they had gotten the web player going, I have been using that a lot at home.

I'll check back in later.
What build/os # do you have?

App version: 1.00.205
Firmware: 9.8.0

Bluetooth Home Dock: Version 15

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
App version: 1.00.205
Firmware: 9.8.0

Bluetooth Home Dock: Version 15

Same numbers here.

I've been running off of the internet for a little while now without any issues.
But then again, it's been a while and I didn't notice any issues back then.
I've got about an hour and a half of work left to do. If something happens, I'll update.

spurbs

Dec 17, 2011
I'm getting a message on my Lynx that reads "your subscription has been updated or changed, please press OK to continue"

It keeps coming back on screen.

Anyone else?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Not on mine- I even went to check for an update manually, but no new update was available.

Might be a Friday the 13th thing :crazy:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Mine's been running fine all day.

Try shutting it down and pulling the battery for a minute then see if it comes back.

What version of the firmware and whatnot are showing up on your radio?

spurbs

Dec 17, 2011
I pulled battery out and it's back to normal, so not sure what happened. I'm up to date on the firmware.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
How about that? It was a wild ass guess. Glad it worked out. So far, i haven't really heard of any real problems with the Lynxs.

SXM_Help

May 25, 2012
www.facebook.com
Hi all -

Sorry to hear you were having problems with our Lynx radio. We are new to the community and would like to help in any way that we can. If you need further assistance, feel free to message us here or send us an email to sxm_help@siriusxm.com.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team