Lynx Update!

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
So, I turned my lynx on tonght, tuned to octane via wifi to listen to linkin park town hall, and stuck it in my pocket...

An hour later,I looked at saw there was an update available...w00t!

After booting back up, immediatly looked to see what has changed... well, right off the bat..
There is now a clock on the lower right of the main menu screen...Nice ..

I noticed the white arrow on the main menu screen let me scroll to the right one moretime after the settings option...hmm..I scrolled and saw...What?! A Browser! yes... That's right, a web browser... Booted it up...and holy moly...yes, this is the stock web browser that is on my Android phone...Punched in DRC...it works! Cool..

Now the question we all want to know... On demand?
YES. it is here. I literally have not checked it out yet, as I am too excited about this update, I had to post about it. But yes, its here, and seems to be on par with the online player and Ios version.

I am going to post a few pics to show off some other stuff, and hopefully we can get a detailed list of what is in this update soon..when I am not so excited..

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
So, I turned my lynx on tonght, tuned to octane via wifi to listen to linkin park town hall, and stuck it in my pocket...

An hour later,I looked at saw there was an update available...w00t!

After booting back up, immediatly looked to see what has changed... well, right off the bat..
There is now a clock on the lower right of the main menu screen...Nice ..

I noticed the white arrow on the main menu screen let me scroll to the right one moretime after the settings option...hmm..I scrolled and saw...What?! A Browser! yes... That's right, a web browser... Booted it up...and holy moly...yes, this is the stock web browser that is on my Android phone...Punched in DRC...it works! Cool..

Now the question we all want to know... On demand?
YES. it is here. I literally have not checked it out yet, as I am too excited about this update, I had to post about it. But yes, its here, and seems to be on par with the online player and Ios version.

I am going to post a few pics to show off some other stuff, and hopefully we can get a detailed list of what is in this update soon..when I am not so excited..

Well I WAS going to go to sleep.

If you're lying to us, I'm going to reach through the internet and punch you in the lady parts. . . . .

Stay tuned.......

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Beers for Grüpsaar! ! ! !
:jump::jump:
Installing it now.

I don't know how you beat Mikeargo to the find, but kudos!

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I a still playing with it, but finding out more cool stuff.

I just docked it in my home dock, and was notified I needed to update the software for the homedock, and to click ok to do so. Its currentlyuodateing now.. All the lights on it are blinking like mad..kind of freaky.

After som more poking around, I see in the 'my library'section, there is now a spot for 'my recorded shows' and 'recorded channels' and an option to setup recordings. !!! Saweeet! This update has more in it than I could have asked for. Finally, SXM over delivered!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Strangely, I just got an alert for this while I was listening to a Radio Replay and wasn't even connected to the internet! Waiting for download now.

After all the feedback I submitted to all outlets that I could contact about no clock on the display, I can't wait to see the clock finally!

Now I'm getting a home dock update

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I got the dock update also. Seems like they listened. The clock is not fancy, but its there. And SCHEDULED RECORDINGS!

44bb89d0-1e90-2bbc.jpg

44bb89d0-1e9e-6afb.jpg

44bb89d0-1ea8-29d4.jpg

44bb89d0-1eb1-6fbb.jpg

44bb89d0-1ebd-244b.jpg

44bb89d0-1ec5-72e5.jpg

44bb89d0-1f56-685a.jpg

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Now I really want to buy a Lynx! Damn should I buy a Lynx or the new iPhone 5?

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Going to the user manual and FaQ section on the Lynx, it has a new entry detailing the specifics of the new update. Here's a quick Rundown:

Satellite radio Updates:

New-Instant and Schedule Recording Capibility
New-Tune Scan Feature (!)
New-Channel Background Graphics for now playing Screen
Update - Replay Memory Incease. Up to 60 minutes for now playing channel and 30 for current favorite channels

Internet Radio Updates:
New-SiriusXM On Demand Access
New-Tune Start capability on ALL Music channels
New- Jump to last channel
Updated- Start Now menu list with more Info

General Updates:

New - Web Browser
New - Independent LED light adjustment for home and vehicle docks
New - Custom naming of Bluetooth Home Dock
New - Clock added to home screen and Now playing screens
New - Add favorite Shows tom my shows for quick access
Update - Improved Bluetooth home dock connectivity
Uodate - Mature Channels stay locked or unlocked during a session
update - Improved dock transitions
Other - miscellaneous improvements and performance enhancements

Woohoo!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Only 7 of my preset channels are showing up in the list view of my favorites.

And the dock update lights up like my pinball machine. Cool.