Lynx Update!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I know mine has done it when the wi-fi wasn't turned on.

I checked the SXM press release for the Lynx update, and it's the same material that Mikeargo posted. No additional info or now. We'll poke around some more and see if anything else surfaces.

Dwoman

Dec 24, 2009
North Carolina
thanks, i was wondering what might be under miscellaneous! Interesting that yours turns on even with wifi off. i turned mine off with just my music on my sd card, it was kind of weird when i powered back up it was on a different song (totally different album cause i left it on shuffle). Maybe it does turn on, but with wifi off the battery didn't lose much juice.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I know mine has done it when the wi-fi wasn't turned on.

I checked the SXM press release for the Lynx update, and it's the same material that Mikeargo posted. No additional info or now. We'll poke around some more and see if anything else surfaces.
A Press Release? Got a link?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
This brings back some great excitement to the Satellite function of this radio- I had previously preferred to listen in WiFi mode, but this is something else!! Been experimenting with some crazy mixes using various channels. Really cool to get a "decades" mix: 60s, 70s, 80s & 90s. Never a better time to get one of these for under $100!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
This brings back some great excitement to the Satellite function of this radio- I had previously preferred to listen in WiFi mode, but this is something else!! Been experimenting with some crazy mixes using various channels. Really cool to get a "decades" mix: 60s, 70s, 80s & 90s. Never a better time to get one of these for under $100!

Super Shuffle is back?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Super Shuffle is back?

You (sorta) get to build your own Super Shuffle with this new feature.
It's available on your presets screens. Each group of 5 preset channels will shuffle depending on which set you've got open when you pick the TuneMix button.

The cool thing is that it's YOUR channels, so you don't have to listen to songs that come from genres that you don't like. I've had some fun combinations come up between my first bank of presets. Tunes from Alt Nation, Lithium, XMU, First Wave, and BPM have rotated through the mix.

I can't wait for MyControl to (hopefully) make it to the Lynx.

eortizr

Mar 20, 2013
Hi, I have some question about the Bluetooth streaming capabilities of this product.

1 -does it have a built-in antenna for satellites? or you need to be docked for that.

2-Can I connect via Bluetooth to my Car Radio (it has Bluetooth) without the need to purchase the Dock?

3 -Once connected to my Car Radio via Bluetooth will the Lynx device also sent metadata to the radio, it says it supports the AVRCP protocol but it does not state the version. If someone can confirm that this works, please

Thanks.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Hi, I have some question about the Bluetooth streaming capabilities of this product.

1 -does it have a built-in antenna for satellites? or you need to be docked for that.

2-Can I connect via Bluetooth to my Car Radio (it has Bluetooth) without the need to purchase the Dock?

3 -Once connected to my Car Radio via Bluetooth will the Lynx device also sent metadata to the radio, it says it supports the AVRCP protocol but it does not state the version. If someone can confirm that this works, please

Thanks.

Welcome to DRC! :buttrock:

1. It doesn't have a built in Satellite Antenna. Needs docks for that.

2. You can connect it to you Car via Bluetooth

3. I highly doubt it will send metadata (though not positive)

eortizr

Mar 20, 2013
Welcome to DRC! :buttrock:

1. It doesn't have a built in Satellite Antenna. Needs docks for that.

2. You can connect it to you Car via Bluetooth

3. I highly doubt it will send metadata (though not positive)

Thanks for the Welcome,

So I'm ok with 1 and 2, , but I need someone to test for number 3 and let me know, I want to buy this unit but the main purpose is to have the unit hidden and control it from the main unit the same way I do when I connect my phone via bluetooth. I have been unable to find the version of the AVRCP protocol that this unit has. If it is 1.3 or later then it should be good.

Thanks.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Thanks.
How would you keep it powered without a car dock?

eortizr

Mar 20, 2013
I can confirm it does not send meta data via Bluetooth! I wish SiriusXM would do that both on the iPhone app and the Lynx.

Thanks,, I guess SiriusXM is not going to get a new client after all :), There are so many bluetooth radios with metadata capability that are not XM ready and Sirius is not taking advantage of that market.

dlnester

Oct 15, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
The Lynx will not send the Title/Artist information over Bluetooth.

In my Toyota car, I can connect my iPhone over Bluetooth to the stereo, and on apps like Slacker, Pandora, TuneIn Radio ect. it will send Artist/Title information and display it on the car stereo. With the SiriusXM IOS App it will not send that data, and when I connect the Lynx Radio, it also will not send the Artist/Title information.