Lynx Update

Discussion in 'SiriusXM 2.0' started by sgniwder, Jan 23, 2017.

1. sgniwder

sgniwder Member

I see that there is an update for the Sirius Lynx to provide security updates for the device.
    Has anyone performed this update yet or have it on their device? One of the items in the terms and conditions of the link identifies that it will remove the program guide from the radio. I attempted to call them at the number, but wasn't able to receive any pertinent information.

I like how this "available for a limited time "until 12/31/2020.

https://www.siriusretail.com/product/Product_Families/XM/tab_inc/pages/lynxUpdate.asp?display=allUpdates

Lynx Application Version 02.00.033, OS version SBP_FRO_335.prod
    Released 10/05/2016

What's new in version 02.00.033, OS version SBP_FRO_335.prod
    • Security updates required for SiriusXM Internet streaming service.
    One recent network security update may have caused your Lynx Portable Radio to lose its ability to connect to our Internet streaming service. A software update is available to get your Lynx streaming restored.

You can check your software version by going to Settings >> About Lynx >> Device Information. If the OS Version number is lower than SBP_FRO_335 you need the update for Internet Streaming. Note: this update is not required if you only use your Lynx in Satellite Radio mode.

If you wish to update your Lynx, an Update and Return program is available for a limited time. Detailed instructions can be found by clicking the following link; http://siriusxm.fthgroupinc.com/sxi1.php. No claims will be accepted after Dec 31, 2020.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this software update, please contact the Lynx Support Team via email lynxfeedback@siriusxm.com or call 1-866-463-5326.
    HecticArt likes this.
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Well how about that?
    I didn't expect to see any updates for the Lynx.

It's good to see something, even if it's only for security.