Lynx Wifi Not Working

wickerbill

Jan 20, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Has anybody had the wifi in their lynx stop working? I bought it last August so the generous 90 day warranty has already expired and I have it on my lifetime sub so I was hoping there would be a way to fix it. The satellite part still works great and the bluetooth still works.

What it does is never connect to the network. It just goes from Scanning... to Connecting.... and then to Disconnected and repeats that cycle over and over again. I've tried it on five different routers from different brands. Some with security and some wide open with no security. It has successfully connnected to all of these routers in the past so it's not an issue with an incompatible router. I reset it to default settings and that didn't help so I just lost all of my settings and recordings for nothing. It is able to scan for wireless networks and shows me the available networks and their strength along with what encryption scheme they use, but it won't connect to any of them.

Does anybody have any ideas or is there a Sirius XM fairy out there that can swap me with a working radio?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I haven't heard of that happening yet. It sounds like you've done all of the basic troubleshooting. If it's less than a year old, try contacting the advanced customer support department. They may be able to help you out. Someplace in one of the threads here, there's a 1-800 number that isn't on the SXM website. It'll take you to the crew that knows how to get things done.

Edit:
Found it.
Here's the direct line to Advanced Tech Support: (866) 635-2349

Reactions: wickerbill

MikeJW

Oct 27, 2008
any update with this? i'm asking because im having the same issue. it will not connect to my wifi, no matter what i do.