Mac OS 10.6.8 update is now available

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The 10.6.8 update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:

Enhance the Mac App Store to get your Mac ready to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion
Resolve an issue that may cause Preview to unexpectedly quit
Improve support for IPv6
Improve VPN reliability
Identify and remove known variants of Mac Defender

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
I figured it would be out this week. Thanks!

Now...bring on the Lion!!

CowardlyLion.jpg

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
This came in the mail yesterday (my wife called me) and I wonder if it will have Lion or not. If not, maybe it will be a free DL when available.

Me and Sirius_Daughter will open the box tomorrow night when I swing by from my business road trip and pick her up from school. I think I am more excited about the iMac than she is and she is jumping up and down with joy.

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
1TB Serial ATA Drive
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple Num Kybd+User's Guide-JZ
COUNTRY KIT,IMAC

Sirius_Daughter earned the above by meeting pre-determined and agreed upon school goals.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
This came in the mail yesterday (my wife called me) and I wonder if it will have Lion or not. If not, maybe it will be a free DL when available.

Me and Sirius_Daughter will open the box tomorrow night when I swing by from my business road trip and pick her up from school. I think I am more excited about the iMac than she is and she is jumping up and down with joy.

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
1TB Serial ATA Drive
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple Num Kybd+User's Guide-JZ
COUNTRY KIT,IMAC

Sirius_Daughter earned the above by meeting pre-determined and agreed upon school goals.

Congrats to the daughter and to you Dad for teaching her to be goal driven. So many kids today have no goals in life.

By the way that is one kicking setup! I trying to wait and see what Apple does with the Mac Mini before I decide rather to upgrade it or go with a iMac. That iMac is so darn sweet though! I just already have two really sweet monitors, so I could live with a nicely upgraded Mac Mini. I doubt though it will have nearly the specs of the iMac.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
DAB,

Me and the daughter have been configuring her new machine that came with 10.6.8. I think I read some place where she will get Lion for free. She used Boot Camp to set it up 60/40 Mac. We also put in 16 gig of Crucial RAM (something about about needing it for her advanced computer science classes, so she said :rolleyes:).

Let me know how the Mini Mac works out for you as i am thinking about getting one to replace an old and failing Dell XPS as a home server. Nobody uses it anymore as everyone has a laptop.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Rich, I will keep you posted on the Mac Mini.

You will be eligible for a free LION download upgrade once it is released in July.

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
I upgraded to 10.6.8 and apparently the printer driver for my Brother MFC440CN has been replaced, I now have fewer options when printing.