Mac OS Ken

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
Anyone else listen to him? I find his sense of humor very dry and very funny, I look forward to his news everyday.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Anyone else listen to him? I find his sense of humor very dry and very funny, I look forward to his news everyday.

I see him on Mac Break Weekly every so often - have never gotten around to checking out his show, though. He was just on again this week - so maybe I should get oof my butt and try it -- using the new Podcasts app, of course!!

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I checked out couple of his podcast and I found them interesting. I enjoy hearing all the apple news, with some dry humor, kinda beats looking up some of that information. So I will check out so more often. Thx for the suggestion, TX!

Also my only complaint is looks like you can't subscribe to Mac OS Ken, just Mac OS Ken: Live? I guess that where they get you to download his app, sorry I don't want to pay. I'll just have to search for it, every so often.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
I checked out couple of his podcast and I found them interesting. I enjoy hearing all the apple news, with some dry humor, kinda beats looking up some of that information. So I will check out so more often. Thx for the suggestion, TX!

Also my only complaint is looks like you can't subscribe to Mac OS Ken, just Mac OS Ken: Live? I guess that where they get you to download his app, sorry I don't want to pay. I'll just have to search for it, every so often.

I listened for a week and then paid the $2.99 to download his app. I find him informative and entertaining so I don't think $3 (one time) is too much to ask. Plus you get notifications about things, like if Best Buy is offering iTunes cards at 15% off. Its also how I heard about the podcast app.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I listened for a week and then paid the $2.99 to download his app. I find him informative and entertaining so I don't think $3 (one time) is too much to ask. Plus you get notifications about things, like if Best Buy is offering iTunes cards at 15% off. Its also how I heard about the podcast app.

True, I was originally against buying taptalk. But I love that app now, but buying a podcast app which I wouldn't listen to much. Like you said, I'll wait till I got hold of an iTunes gift card.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I paid $3 for the 5by5 podcast app. Not a big price to pay to support the shows/networks that I enjoy. I am starting to be a big fan of the direct support model. Far too much crap on the airwaves, and so little I like - if I can pay money directly to a content producer I enjoy, I see it as a win/win.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
I bought a iMac a few month back and have found that the Mac Power Users Podcasts are extremely informative.