Man, u can't tell me for a second that apple is not paying howard these days.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Ok...I *think* the "start off where you left" is what I think it is. I thought Apple and Android already had this?
Any time Howard talks about features and things, it's best to ignore him because he rarely (never?) knows what the hell he is talking about. :D

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Any time Howard talks about features and things, it's best to ignore him because he rarely (never?) knows what the hell he is talking about. :D
He only knows what his personal IT guy Jeff Schick tells him. And he's probably reciting whatever Jeff told him wrong anyways.

Why is this thread upped? Was Howard going nuts over ios7?

Sent from my iPhone 7S using Tapatalk

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
He only knows what his personal IT guy Jeff Schick tells him. And he's probably reciting whatever Jeff told him wrong anyways.

Why is this thread upped? Was Howard going nuts over ios7?

I just bumped it as a way of saying "get ready for more Apple talk."

Ignore or not...no sweat off my back.

I think by now you can replace "Jeff Schick" with "Ralph." He hasn't mentioned Jeff in a loooooooooong time, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Segment from "TDiHH":

Howard told Robin to go with IBM and not with Mac. Robin said she's definitely PC. Howard told her to avoid Windows 95. He said that she should listen to him and use what he tells her to use.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
One day someone in the Hamptons will give Howard a Galaxy S4 or an HTC One or a Nexus 4 to use or something, and he'll suddenly sing the virtues of Android. Especially if Apple doesn't "create" (and by create I mean steal the idea of) anything new and interesting anytime soon, which he has been more and more vocal about.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
One day someone in the Hamptons will give Howard a Galaxy S4 or an HTC One or a Nexus 4 to use or something, and he'll suddenly sing the virtues of Android. Especially if Apple doesn't "create" (and by create I mean steal the idea of) anything new and interesting anytime soon, which he has been more and more vocal about.
We'll see...as long as he has Ralph breathing down his neck, who knows what'll happen.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I just bumped it as a way of saying "get ready for more Apple talk."

Ignore or not...no sweat off my back.

I think by now you can replace "Jeff Schick" with "Ralph." He hasn't mentioned Jeff in a loooooooooong time, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Here we go, everyone.

Jon Hein is totally geeked up for the release of the new iPhone, which he says is three weeks away. (I looked and it's really four weeks.)

Anyway, it has a...get this...FINGERPRINT SCANNER! You don't have to enter your password anymore! It'll just scan your fingerprint! OMGZ! Best thing evar! (Jon Hein.)

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Here we go, everyone.

Jon Hein is totally geeked up for the release of the new iPhone, which he says is three weeks away. (I looked and it's really four weeks.)

Anyway, it has a...get this...FINGERPRINT SCANNER! You don't have to enter your password anymore! It'll just scan your fingerprint! OMGZ! Best thing evar! (Jon Hein.)
Somehow that trumps what Android has done for 1-2 years, with Face Unlock. Yeah, OK, whatever (said in a Ronnie voice).

I read the new iPhone is supposed to be waterproof as well. WELL, WHOOP DEE DOO!! That Sony Xperia ANDROID phone already does that. And besides, is that really a big feature the Apple sheep have been clamoring for ? Not once have I heard an iPhone person say "if only it was waterproof" even after they drop them in the toilet or wherever. Now, if the phone is released with that feature, all the Sheeple will act like it's been a heavily-demanded feature. LOL

I just hope Apple doesn't deliver (again) and releases the iPhone 5s with virtually no features of significance. They are definitely a company in decline in my opinion and their stock woes back me up.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Somehow that trumps what Android has done for 1-2 years, with Face Unlock. Yeah, OK, whatever (said in a Ronnie voice).

I read the new iPhone is supposed to be waterproof as well. WELL, WHOOP DEE DOO!! That Sony Xperia ANDROID phone already does that. And besides, is that really a big feature the Apple sheep have been clamoring for ? Not once have I heard an iPhone person say "if only it was waterproof" even after they drop them in the toilet or wherever. Now, if the phone is released with that feature, all the Sheeple will act like it's been a heavily-demanded feature. LOL

I just hope Apple doesn't deliver (again) and releases the iPhone 5s with virtually no features of significance. They are definitely a company in decline in my opinion and their stock woes back me up.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7OWVM50sBw]MattFoley_La_Dee_frickin_Da.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I currently have the 4s and will get the 5s most likely. Only cuz having to switch platforms is a pain with all the apps and such. But I am in no ways in denial about apple being superior to what google does these days. Android makes great phones. I want both apple and google to make good phones cuz competition benefits us all as consumers.

Sent from my iPhone 7S using Tapatalk

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
also, last night, I went and installed IOS 7 beta 5 on my iphone 4s and there is no fingerprint scanning. I wonder where john hein got that from. however, it is really good cuz you can now multitask kinda. and its faster.

wickerbill

Jan 20, 2009
Tulsa, OK
also, last night, I went and installed IOS 7 beta 5 on my iphone 4s and there is no fingerprint scanning. I wonder where john hein got that from. however, it is really good cuz you can now multitask kinda. and its faster.
Your phone doesn't have a fingerprint reader.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
So if the next iPhone has a fingerprint reader, someone will create an app to store fingerprints. Then you could take the stored fingerprints to open other biometric locks and steal stuff. Don't act like that can't happen!

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
My buddy had a Motorola Atrix back in the day and it had a fingerprint scanner. He liked the phone and from what I saw the scanner worked pretty good. So it's been done on a phone before. I'm sure if it hits the iPhone it will work just as good.

Motorola Atrix 4G review

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
Surprised nobody resurrected this thread after Howard's "Steve Jobs is god" diatribe. According to Howard, tablets didn't exist before the iPad, touch-screen phones didn't exist before the iPhone, and mp3 players didn't exist before the iPod. Steve Jobs invented touch-screens, virtual keyboards, voice recognition, and the concept of apps.

Howard's naivety infuriates me. For the longest time, he'd play the Billboard top 5, and when a song by the band "fun" was in it, he'd say "who listens to this stuff? It sounds like a TV show theme song". But they cover a Queen song, and now they're a great talent.

wickerbill

Jan 20, 2009
Tulsa, OK
He didn't invent those technologies, but before the iPod, iPhone, and iPad those devices were generally pretty horrible to use. I used to have a windows mobile "smart" phone that I got in 2006 and it was absolutely awful. The iPhone was absolutely a revolution at the time. It also prompted google to totally change android from being a blackberry knockoff to be a touch based OS like the iPhone.

I also remember that people said the iPad was just a big iPod touch and would fail. It has been a huge success and there are all sorts of thin ARM based tablets running many different operating systems now. Whether you hate or love apple, you can't claim that they have not had a huge influence on portable electronics the past ten years.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
Whether you hate or love apple, you can't claim that they have not had a huge influence on portable electronics the past ten years.
Absolutely, but the distinction is to be aware of what they did and didn't do.

What they did was to market products that worked well - better and easier than what was currently on the market. And here's the big part: they became the standard-bearers for their products. So for the non-technical masses, there was familiarity and commonality with their software, like iTunes and their apps. And the fact that the iPhone was a certain size for so many years meant that it was the only phone that could be so highly accessorized.

But still, what they've essentially done is shrewdly package existing technologies to a non-technical mass market; which is completely different than what Howard claims.