Mancow fired AGAIN...

Discussion in 'HD (Terrestrial) Radio' started by kingchuck69, Feb 11, 2010.

1. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

Radio-Info.com

Mancow and Pat Cassidy out at Citadel's WLS, Chicago (890)

It happened today, just after their 9-11am shift at the Citadel talker. New GM Michael Damsky tells Vocalo’s Robert Feder the 9-11am Mancow/Pat Cassidy show “just wasn’t the bridge†the station needed between Don and Roma Wade and Rush Limbaugh. Damsky says “Mancow has been an outstanding talent and an ideal employee in every respect†but he “doesn’t fit the needs of the radio station.â€

Mancow (Erich Muller) continues to create his syndicated daily show for Talk Radio Network, also based in the Chicago area and done separately from the WLS show. His WLS co-host Pat Cassidy is widely expected to return to CBS Radio’s all-news WBBM (780) to co-anchor mornings with Felicia Middlebrooks. While WLS will de-couple the recently-hired Cisco Cotto for the 9-11am hours, leaving afternoon host Roe Conn to fly alone. Several months ago, Cotto left Salem talker WIND (560) to partner with Conn. The Chicago Board of Radio-Info picked up on the news from Vocalo – that Mancow and Cassidy were let go after today’s shift – immediately.
  2. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Wow, that guy just can't keep a job. I know radio is a nomadic career, but sheesh.

I used to be able to pick up and listen to WLS when I lived in Indy, and seeing as their lineup hasn't changed much in the past 10 years, I don't even know what they were thinking trying to fit Mancow in there. The only significant difference has been the 'break-up' of Roe Conn and Garry Meier.
  3. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Mancow sucks. That is all.
  4. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

Well said.

Didn't he used to be a Stern ripoff until September 11th and then he got all Conservative?

What a loser.
  5. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

Yes....
  6. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

If I go on the air, i'm gonna be Womanpig.