Memebag Loves ...

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by memebag, Nov 13, 2012.

1. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Is it like when the Mayan calendar starts over and the world comes to an end?

2. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

A little. The nightmarish tyranny of J has ended! K will usher in a new age of peace and love!

Later I saw 2 more. KBB, KBC, KBF and KBS so far.

scotchandcigar and semipenguin like this.
  3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Hold out for KFC, KGB, or KK...oh no.....
    Stop at KGB.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

I am sure they have a room of little old ladies looking at the letter combinations and determining if they are offended before releasing the plate.

5. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

scotchandcigar and HecticArt like this.
  6. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Seems so, but we've seen several "DTF"s and "DCK"s.

7. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Congratulations! They couldn't have done it without you!

JHDK and memebag like this.
  9. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

And again, I love being white in America!

I just got pulled over. The cop said I took the turn fast enough that my rear wheel left the ground. Now, that's just not possible with my suspension, but it was a tad brisk. Then he said I was doing 47 in a 35. Then he said slow down and let me go. No written warning this time, though, just the words in the air. I thought for sure he would see the warning from last year and decide to write me up for real this time.

10. scotchandcigar

Any chance the Miata cast you as less of a renegade?

11. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Maybe? My 1996 Miata was very cute. This one is a little more aggressive looking. But I'll take all the help I can get.

1996:

[​IMG]

2014:

[​IMG]

scotchandcigar and semipenguin like this.
  12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

FIFY

You weren't riding your bike?

13. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

The man has broken ribs, give him a break! He should be riding in the side wagon on somebody else’s bike.

14. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Hey, he's a big boy. He pulls his short stretchy pants on one leg at a time., just like.......just like......um........
    ok, well he's on his own there.....

scotchandcigar likes this.
  15. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Memebag loves ...

That lamb I ate last night!

My favorite restaurant, Underbelly (mentioned above) closed because high end restaurants don't last. People who spend hundreds of dollars on a meal want something new and exciting, and nothing stays new. So the chef closed Underbelly and replaced it with another restaurant. He also opened a new restaurant, One Fifth, that is five restaurants in sequence. Each year it shuts down for a month, gets redecorated, and reopens with a new theme and menu.

The first year it was a steak place. The next year it was called "Romance Languages" and did French, Spanish and Italian food. Three days from now it will shut down for a month and reopen as a Mediterranean place.

Mrs. Bag got us a reservation last night. We started with Calabrian shrimp. It was cold and spicy, and kind of boring. Then there was 20 month prosciutto, with hazelnut agridulce and some kind of soft white cheese. That was yummy. Then we had two pasta dishes. One was duck heart bolognese, which was a little to hearty for me. The other was a ravioli with a beautiful egg inside it and some ham on top. That was great.

For the main course Mrs. Bag had a Wagyu strip steak prepared table side with a giant fireball. It was good, but nothing special. I had lamb chops. There were three of them on a bed of goat cheese polenta and pickled cabbage.

This was the best lamb I've ever had. Maybe the best animal I've ever had. The flavor was indescribable. Rich, savory, toasty, smoky, words don't do it justice. Mrs. Bag agreed.

After that she had a budino with chocolate hazelnuts and I had a tiramisu made with rye, lemon and fennel. Both were excellent. The espresso was sub-par, but I may just be off espresso.

I had a glass of uneventful French Merlot and Mrs. Bag had two sweet pink bubbly vodka drinks.

The lamb saved the evening.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    HecticArt, Aaron and JHDK like this.
  16. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Texas license plate update:

I still haven't seen an "L". I've seen several "KZ"s.

Someone has seen "LCS" according to Wikipedia.

17. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Fine dining is great...

18. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

After a grueling 8 months ...

Memebag loves ...

L DAY!

Today I finally saw my first "The Texas Classic" "L" license plate. (It was an "LCS", by the way.)

It was on a Porsche. I posted a picture of the plate and frame to Facebook with the caption "It's finally here!". My sister asked if I bought a Porsche. I had to explain the whole deal.

Memegirl is in New Hampshire with ex Mrs. Bag. I sent her the license plate photo with no other comment and she replied "Finally!".

19. scotchandcigar

What are they doing here? And is it possible I could run into them?

20. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Vacationing. I suppose anything is possible. All I know is they are in New Hampshire and they plan to swim.