Memebag Loves ...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I am sure they have a room of little old ladies looking at the letter combinations and determining if they are offended before releasing the plate.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Memebag loves ...

Written warnings! A few weeks ago I was driving top down on a beautiful day, heading back to the office from lunch. Everyone does 70 on this 6 lane road with no traffic signals, but the official speed limit is 45. I spotted the motorcycle cop a long way off and gently slowed down so my nose wouldn't dip. Other cars passed me, but I might have been the fastest of them when his LIDAR hit us.

I saw him get on his bike and turn on the lights. I pulled over, hoping he would chase the big SUV next to me, but no, he pulled me over. In my mind I was already signing up for defensive driving. He came up and asked for my license, then asked why I was in such a hurry. I told him I had no good reason to be in a hurry. He went to his bike for a minute, then came back and handed me a slip of paper. He said it was a written warning and started walking back to his bike. I was confused for a second, then said "Wait, this isn't a ticket? This is a written warning?" He confirmed and went on his way.

All I can say is, I highly recommend being a white guy.
And again, I love being white in America!

I just got pulled over. The cop said I took the turn fast enough that my rear wheel left the ground. Now, that's just not possible with my suspension, but it was a tad brisk. Then he said I was doing 47 in a 35. Then he said slow down and let me go. No written warning this time, though, just the words in the air. I thought for sure he would see the warning from last year and decide to write me up for real this time.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
And again, I love being white in America!

I just got pulled over. The cop said I took the turn fast enough that my rear wheel left the ground. Now, that's just not possible with my suspension, but it was a tad brisk. Then he said I was doing 47 in a 35. Then he said slow down and let me go. No written warning this time, though, just the words in the air. I thought for sure he would see the warning from last year and decide to write me up for real this time.
Any chance the Miata cast you as less of a renegade?

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Memebag loves ...

That lamb I ate last night!

My favorite restaurant, Underbelly (mentioned above) closed because high end restaurants don't last. People who spend hundreds of dollars on a meal want something new and exciting, and nothing stays new. So the chef closed Underbelly and replaced it with another restaurant. He also opened a new restaurant, One Fifth, that is five restaurants in sequence. Each year it shuts down for a month, gets redecorated, and reopens with a new theme and menu.

The first year it was a steak place. The next year it was called "Romance Languages" and did French, Spanish and Italian food. Three days from now it will shut down for a month and reopen as a Mediterranean place.

Mrs. Bag got us a reservation last night. We started with Calabrian shrimp. It was cold and spicy, and kind of boring. Then there was 20 month prosciutto, with hazelnut agridulce and some kind of soft white cheese. That was yummy. Then we had two pasta dishes. One was duck heart bolognese, which was a little to hearty for me. The other was a ravioli with a beautiful egg inside it and some ham on top. That was great.

For the main course Mrs. Bag had a Wagyu strip steak prepared table side with a giant fireball. It was good, but nothing special. I had lamb chops. There were three of them on a bed of goat cheese polenta and pickled cabbage.

This was the best lamb I've ever had. Maybe the best animal I've ever had. The flavor was indescribable. Rich, savory, toasty, smoky, words don't do it justice. Mrs. Bag agreed.

After that she had a budino with chocolate hazelnuts and I had a tiramisu made with rye, lemon and fennel. Both were excellent. The espresso was sub-par, but I may just be off espresso.

I had a glass of uneventful French Merlot and Mrs. Bag had two sweet pink bubbly vodka drinks.

The lamb saved the evening.

Last edited:

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Texas license plate update:

I still haven't seen an "L". I've seen several "KZ"s.

Someone has seen "LCS" according to Wikipedia.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Memebag loves ...

K DAY!

Back in 2012 Texas started issuing a new license plate design ("The Texas Classic"). The first in the series was "BBB-0001". All of the plates started with "B" for about a year. My 2014 plate starts with a "C", but it's at the end of the "C"s. They kept advancing through the alphabet, skipping vowels, until sometime late last year they got to "J". For some reason J seemed to be issued twice as long as any other letter since "B". The wait for my first "K" plate has been driving me crazy. I told Mrs. Bag when I saw a "K" I would immediately go on a bender to celebrate.

Today is K Day! I've seen 2 so far, a "KBC" and a "KBS".
After a grueling 8 months ...

Memebag loves ...

L DAY!

Today I finally saw my first "The Texas Classic" "L" license plate. (It was an "LCS", by the way.)

It was on a Porsche. I posted a picture of the plate and frame to Facebook with the caption "It's finally here!". My sister asked if I bought a Porsche. I had to explain the whole deal.

Memegirl is in New Hampshire with ex Mrs. Bag. I sent her the license plate photo with no other comment and she replied "Finally!".