Memebag Loves ...

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Memebag loves ...

Accidentally Predicting The Future

In the mid 80s, I came up with a long BS riff, delivered straight, to explain to people why their software was failing. It was based on the notion of "bit spin". Too much coherent bit spin led to "chip torque", which would cause memory chips to intermittently unsocket. The solution was often to lift the computer 2 inches from the desk and drop it.

But now this:
Everspin throws first ST-MRAM chips down, launches commercial spin-torque memory era -- Engadget

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
That's a stretch.

So is this:

Bikini-Yoga.jpg

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Every week I'll throw out one thing I love. You are free to discuss it.

This week, I love the fact that prime numbers are not rectangular.

(Composite numbers can be represented as rectangles where one of the dimensions is greater than 1. Prime numbers can't, because the height or the width would be a factor other than 1 and the number itself.)

I'm thinking about how to build a prime number generator out of things like magnetic balls. Throw some balls in and see if they can form a rectangle. If they can't, that's a prime number. If they can, throw in another ball and repeat.

Oh great, is meme going to be acting like Sheldon Cooper now? :p

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIYMmbHik08]The Big Bang Theory - #73 - YouTube[/ame]

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Memebag loves ...

Oatmeal!

I'm cooking some right now. I use Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats. I toast them in butter before I boil them. I use a scale to divide the cooked oatmeal into 4 equal portions. Well, within 5 grams of each other. I'm not nuts. Then I stick them in the fridge and eat them for breakfast.

I heat them up in the microwave, with milk, fresh ground cinnamon and sucanat (dried sugar cane juice). A bowl of oatmeal with a few cups of fresh ground, fresh brewed coffee gives my brain the energy it needs to think big thoughts and keeps my bowels regular enough not to distract my brain.

Mrs. Bag loves my oatmeal, too.

Oh, and I love the word "groats". I can't stop saying it.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Memebag loves ...

Oatmeal!

I'm cooking some right now. I use Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats. I toast them in butter before I boil them. I use a scale to divide the cooked oatmeal into 4 equal portions. Well, within 5 grams of each other. I'm not nuts. Then I stick them in the fridge and eat them for breakfast.

I heat them up in the microwave, with milk, fresh ground cinnamon and sucanat (dried sugar cane juice). A bowl of oatmeal with a few cups of fresh ground, fresh brewed coffee gives my brain the energy it needs to think big thoughts and keeps my bowels regular enough not to distract my brain.

Mrs. Bag loves my oatmeal, too.

Oh, and I love the word "groats". I can't stop saying it.

Can we see the test results please?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Speaking of equal portions, I was tickled when tonight's came out to 164, 165, 166 an 167 grams each. Then I realized there was a little on the spoon, and that was going to mess up the sequence. I scraped it into the smallest portion and weight again just for giggles. Guess what? Four grams exactly, producing 165, 166, 167 and 168!

What a night.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm not crazy. My mother really did have me tested.

Speaking of equal portions, I was tickled when tonight's came out to 164, 165, 166 an 167 grams each. Then I realized there was a little on the spoon, and that was going to mess up the sequence. I scraped it into the smallest portion and weight again just for giggles. Guess what? Four grams exactly, producing 165, 166, 167 and 168!

What a night.

Ummmmm......we're really going to need to see the test results.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2