Merger Deals

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfrising13.com
So one gay guy buys another gay guy for couple billion. What do I have to do to get bought off?

Yes, I know Gianni Versace was killed by a gunman. I never watched the FX TV show.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfrising13.com
Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Michael Eisner is my Disney CEO. I loved how he was so into the parks and grew them in a major way. And he green lit Splash Mountain so I will forever love him. Iger is certainly cementing his legacy with deals like this though.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The Renault company was founded in February 1899 in France. Five months later, Fiat was founded in Italy. A proposed $35 billion merger would create the world's third-largest automobile manufacturer behind Volkswagen and Toyota.

Fiat Chrysler proposes merger with Renault
The deal would involve no plant closures but a statement didn't address potential job cuts.

Fiat Chrysler aims to form world's third biggest automaker

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Early this morning, Fiat withdrew its bid to merge with Renault. Financial Times quotes an unnamed "person briefed on the matter" as saying the bid was withdrawn because the French government and unions were "doubtful" about Fiat's reassurances that no jobs would be lost. I'm doubtful that is the real reason. And don't ask me to explain why the link says "Are you a robot?" I can't.

The deal that ran out of road: How the Fiat-Renault merger died

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
From a purely Formula 1 fan's perspective, Fiat owns Ferrari, and Renault is one of the big competitors to them. So I don't know how that would've worked.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Elliott Management owns Waterstones Booksellers, which was founded in 1982 and now has 283 stores in the UK, Ireland, Belgium and the Netherlands. Waterstones is profitable, although not by much. Waterstones CEO James Daunt will also head Barnes & Noble. Can he make the chain profitable? It will be a, um, daunting task.

Barnes & Noble sold to hedge fund Elliott Management for $476 million

Barnes & Noble's new chapter: Its sale to hedge fund Elliott Management

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfrising13.com
Wasn't it in the late 90's or early 2000's Cingular wireless acquired AT&T and they went with the name AT&T because the name was bigger.

So once Sprint/T-Mobile finally merge, which company name will they go with? I think Sprint because the name is older, but personally I think T-Mobile is bigger.

I predict the day will come when Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile join to form one huge company. It will of course be called VAST.

Justice Department OKs T-Mobile's $26.5 billion takeover of Sprint despite fears of higher prices and job cuts

I wouldn't imagine that could happen one day. Hell the government isn't stopping monopoly companies or one big corporation buying another big one anymore.

Don't you mean VAS or VAT now? Since one of them will go bye bye.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
VAS is an anatomical vessel and VAT is a large cistern, tub or barrel for liquor or dye. VAST means "great in size, amount, degree, intensity or range." Please don't over-analyze or disparage my clever lines. Thank you.