Military Stuff

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
do we have a military thread? if we do i didn't find it with a quick search.

since it's pearl harbor day i came across this:

it's an interesting listen.

later in the recording the newsmen sound normal but the first ones have the same type of radio voice howard still makes fun of today.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
do we have a military thread? if we do i didn't find it with a quick search.

since it's pearl harbor day i came across this:

it's an interesting listen.

later in the recording the newsmen sound normal but the first ones have the same type of radio voice howard still makes fun of today.

Ahh, the good-ole days when the President wasn't able to tweet moronic things. :eek:

So you had to remind me that today is PHD. I got married the first time on PHD, and it wasn't good.

We used to have a forum member named Ehilbert who was a disabled vet (I'm sure you all knew him better than me). I would've thought he'd have made a thread like this. I wish he'd come back.

Reactions: HecticArt and JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So you had to remind me that today is PHD. I got married the first time on PHD, and it wasn't good.

We used to have a forum member named Ehilbert who was a disabled vet (I'm sure you all knew him better than me). I would've thought he'd have made a thread like this. I wish he'd come back.

hah, my mom used to tell the story that her labor was induced for me and the doctor gave her a choice of today or tomorrow and she picked the 8th cause she didn't want to have a kid on PHD.

and don't forget cpt/maj badmotherfarker.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
hah, my mom used to tell the story that her labor was induced for me and the doctor gave her a choice of today or tomorrow and she picked the 8th cause she didn't want to have a kid on PHD.

and don't forget cpt/maj badmotherfarker.
Is he really a captain or major?

BTW, my ex-wife's birthday is Sept 11.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
History In Pictures ‏@HistoryInPics 1h1 hour ago
An American soldier at an advanced allied base, with a kangaroo. 1942. Photograph by John Earl McNeil.

CzM3fjqWEAQHFRb.jpg

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I guess this would be appropriate here. Our community band does a Veteran's concert every year, and near the end of the performance, we play Armed Forces Salute while a slideshow (which I created) is shown on the big screen. Here's the slideshow captured during our performance. Yes, it's cheesy, but it's a free concert for all the area vets, and they appreciate it.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Trump launches military strike against Syria - CNNPolitics.com

this is interesting. assad can go fuck himself with his chemical weapons. we were supposed to do this years ago with the whole "red line" thing.

now the question is, if we take out the syrian government will whatever takes it's place be worse or better? the thought was that taking out hussein would lead to a better situation in iraq but that certainly didn't turn out to be the case. i think this case is different for many reasons, but at least this time there is no dispute that assad uses chemical weapons against his own countrymen so it's pretty much as bad as it can be right now.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The Syrian issue was addressed by Russian forces, in the instance to which you are referring. Obama ordered similar airstrikes in Libya. He received some support but much criticism, as the same thing led to a quagmire in Iraq.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Usually regardless of intentions, intervention of any sort is usually the wrong choice. However, if you don't act, you are also played as weak. There also is no right choice.

Reactions: HecticArt and JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The Syrian issue was addressed by Russian forces, in the instance to which you are referring. Obama ordered similar airstrikes in Libya. He received some support but much criticism, as the same thing led to a quagmire in Iraq.

obama never directed his strikes towards syrian government targets. and russia is assad's ally.