Minor Ailments

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
My aunt started her long career that saw her running a network of hospitals off as a nurse. So she told me today something that I should have thought of but didn't. Anti Inflammatory drugs stop the area from being inflamed. When you stop taking them, the pain may come back depending upon the seriousness of the injury. Now I see why the drug slowly wean you off it over a week. Today was a good day, I was walking with almost no limp at all. I can still feel some tenseness right now but who knows. I have 3 more days on the drug then I go the the GP again on Monday.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Did the doc say what caused it?
No. But he told me to stop my walks.

Sorry to hear about that Koop.
It really sucks that it A) happened & B) happened when your knee is farked up and you are stuck at home to deal with both and can't get out for some distraction.
It'll pass. It always does.

It turns out that you're more of a ladies man that I thought you were, so I have confidence that you'll meat someone sooner than later.
Hopefully with the next one, you won't have to work quite so hard to keep her happy, and you can be more your self.

Get that knee patched up.
It was completely my fault. I am an alcoholic and I'm finally now letting that set in. After my DUI I never drove drunk again and I never showed up to work drunk so I thought I had it under control. I didn't. Every time I lie to her it has something to do with drinking. I was drunk and lied to her about getting x rays before she came up and took me to the hospital. Don't know why I would do that, but I was freaking hammered. Then I told the truth to the doc at the hospital. On the way home she broke up with me. Can't blame the girl. This is the 3rd time I've done some dumb shit to her while drinking. I think I told you guys about 1, when she came home to me drunk. Well that same thing happened again. This hospital thing was the last straw and I get it.

I want to win her back. She is still texting with me and we had a short phone chat today. I am going to start going to AA. There is one at 10 am every single day, walking distance from my house.

I'm blue. I was just grocery shopping in Walmart and on the drive home I was feeling very sad. I almost fucked up my entire life last week. My knee issue had nothing to do with drinking but I handled it by drinking. I then called out of work and thank God I didn't get fired. I then called my aunts and uncle while drunk and almost ruined that relationship, fortunately I repaired that a day ago. And I lost DJ. So I have repaired 2 of 3 but the 3rd really hurts. I'm meeting her tomorrow before work to help her with her car so that's good that she is willing to let me help I guess.

Oh and while it doesn't hurt nearly as much, my knee is not back to normal yet.

So how is that for minor ailments:

Blown out knee
Alcoholism
Depression

I've fixed a lot in 1 week. Hopefully by this time next month I will have fixed even more.

Oh and I haven't had a drink since 1.29.20. Not long I know, but it's a start. I'll report back after I go to one of those super secret meetings.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Acknowledging the problem is always a big step in that you're ready to make positive changes. You're doing well.
True.

I’ve got a couple of friends in the program and it’s been incredibly helpful for them. The change is noticeable, and they seem to be more comfortable with themselves.