Minor Ailments

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
You guys have seen commercials for those Glucose monitors? I've been wearing one on my arm since last year. A new one every two weeks, actually. I'm not diabetic, it's hypoglycemia. My blood sugar falls often, and sometimes kind of severely.

Anyway, it's a cool use of technology that checks glucose 24 hours a day, works with an app on the iPhone, and can also send data to the doctor.

• Wow
Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I just saw the ad!

I've probably seen it before and wasn't paying attention but I definitely got excited seeing it just now. Haha.

Reactions: Aaron

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Yesterday morning, I had what I thought were gas pains. Turns out it was a blockage in a minor artery. A cath lab test showed a major artery (the LAD) was also up to 70% blocked. Doctors say it's hereditary, since I've been regularly monitored for over a decade. I will be having a bypass done, perhaps tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be rejoining you guys sometime after that. If not, you can reinstate Hyson.

• Wow
Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Wow Scotch...I wouldn't exactly call that a minor ailment. Best of luck to you. Hope all goes well and we see you back here soon!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
NICE!!!!!!
It was always fun to watch Dave give props to his medical team.
I miss Dave.

It's good to see ya back!
How are ya feeling? (All things considered.)

Reactions: JHDK

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Hectic wanted pictures, here's my info board from yesterday.
20201001_172002_resized.jpg

If there was any question as to whether this year sucks, this solidifies it.

Everyone here was great, but it's a major thing to go through. If you haven't seen the surgery scene in All That Jazz with Roy Scheider, watch it now.

Today I got the chest drain tubes and catheter out, that was a major milestone. I feel like a normal person now. There were many times when I thought I couldn't take any more.

I've gotten brochures about living my life, no one has sat down with us yet and said what I can and can't do. The scotch and cigars are a tiny portion of my overall diet. I don't feel like having anything right now.