Mirge backlight display seems to be out

FordTruckMan

Sep 10, 2009
Anyone having problems with their display? I can see writing and everything works but it seems as though the backlight is out. I can't read the screen unless I get right next to it

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Anyone having problems with their display? I can see writing and everything works but it seems as though the backlight is out. I can't read the screen unless I get right next to it

I know you are looking for some help on this given that you posted it 3 times. Just know that we don't allow multiple post in various forums. Be patient and someone will respond.

If your Mirge is new then you have the option of returning it and swapping it out with the store or dealer you purchased it from. If you are beyond your 30 days, unfortunately you'll need to contact Sirius support and they will have to do a warranty exchange for you. Depending on your situation one of these suggestions should work for you.

Let us know how it works out!

Poky

Nov 1, 2009
Sirius Sportster Dimmer "Fix"

The hardware store sells little stick-on LED lights, which you tap on and off. Make a mount out of some plastic or wire, epoxy it to the radio, and presto, a display you can read. I made a little cloth "pillow case" to put over it to dim it at night ... If that seems too weird, keep a LCD headlamp or mini flashlight handy.