Miscellaneous News Thread

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by semipenguin, Feb 10, 2015.

1. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

They're really doubling down on this silliness.

I'm a Bic man now. It was not some grand protest gesture but last time I was buying razors I noticed they are way cheaper so I gave em a shot. They work well and I'm happy with the savings.

Also, I'm sure your all dying to hear this news...I trimmed my balls over the weekend. No razors involved but the sideburns clipper of my Norelco did the job pretty well as always.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

Thanks for that update.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

JHDK likes this.
  3. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I don't think it's silly to show love, even in a crass attempt to sell shit.

I'm an Astra Platinum user.

[​IMG]

With a Merkur 23C.

[​IMG]

4. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

I've watched a few videos on how a single blade works a lot better than those multiblade razors.

5. IdRatherBeSkiing

I use a Mach 3 from years ago. I use generic Walmart Blades. Last longer than the regular ones and is cheaper.

6. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

And cheaper too. So much cheaper. $20 for 100 double sided blades. I buy a box every year or two. I've never had a closer shave.

semipenguin likes this.
  7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I gave up on blades. Electric may not be the closest shave, but it's the fastest and easiest.

8. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

Can you post a picture of them? I bet they look really pretty with all the tiny ornaments, twinkling lights and tinsel.

9. Channel98

10. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

I remember it more like this
    20190527_202408.jpg

JHDK and HecticArt like this.
  11. scotchandcigar

Funny, I went the other way. I used an electric shaver because my dad did. But in recent years, I was having all sorts of problems with crappy shaves and dull rotary heads. I got a Braun shaver and it was even worse. The Mrs convinced me to try a blade, and it works.

JHDK likes this.
  12. IdRatherBeSkiing

I did the same thing. Being bald my shave was always uneven with a eclectic. Tried the blade and liked it a lot better. It was the mrs (at that time still the girlfriend) who convinced me to try.

13. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

YRMV
    I suppose my whiskers are more obedient.

14. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I've always used electric.

15. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

semipenguin likes this.
  16. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

That's me too. I've always used a Norelco cause my dad does and it is a Dutch brand but now I'm like 50-50 shaver to razor depending on how I feel that day. Each has advantages and disadvantages. Norelco is a worse shave but no water or cream needed. Blades are much closer but messier to get done.

17. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

$1.12
    Pros and cons I suppose.

18. scotchandcigar

This is one of those times when getting good value for the dollar isn't necessarily the best thing, it just means you live in an undesirable shithole state.

Maine is at $1.02, but I live on the southern coast, which has home values more than twice the state average. Likewise, in any state, if you average the pricey urban areas with the unpopulated rural areas, you'll get a meaningless figure.

19. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That's about us.
    With all of the rural areas that we've got, it skews the urban areas.

20. Channel98