Miscellaneous News Thread

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Tuesday marked two years since a gunman on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel opened fire on the crowd attending a country music festival. Fifty-eight people were killed and more than 500 were injured. Without admitting responsibility, MGM Resorts has agreed to a settlement to compensate the victims. Of course no amount of money can bring back the lives of those 58.

Victims of Las Vegas massacre – the deadliest US shooting – could get up to $800 million from MGM

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I hear many people say e-cigarettes should not be banned. Vaping, they insist, helps them quit smoking. It appears they're right.

I consider myself a democratic libertarian, to which many say "WTF is that?". In the same time that 19 died from vaping, thousands died from cigarettes, thousands died from either alcohol poisoning or alcohol-related disease or drunk driving, thousands died from obesity-related disease, maybe a thousand died from gun violence, and probably no one died from marijuana. The Founding Fathers smoked and drank and shot muskets, so that's all OK. But vaping is something "progressive", so it has to be banned, right?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Yea, this probably wasn't her best idea ever:

That type of work should be left up to this guy:

1570729936186.png

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
In 2014, California became the first state to ban single-use plastic bags in supermarkets. We can still get plastic bags for our groceries, though. The bags are larger and thicker – and the stores charge as much as 25¢ each for them. California then declared war on plastic straws, plastic forks and plastic food containers. The battle rages on:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
In 2014, California became the first state to ban single-use plastic bags in supermarkets. We can still get plastic bags for our groceries, though. The bags are larger and thicker – and the stores charge as much as 25¢ each for them. California then declared war on plastic straws, plastic forks and plastic food containers. The battle rages on:

I never use hotel shampoo. I bring my own.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The physarum polycephalum slime mold has 720 different sexes and can split apart and fuse back together. If anyone plans to remake the 1958 movie The Blob, this slime mold just has to be the star!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

1571852531632.png

Fun fact, when I was driving to Bonnaroo in 09 to see Phish I got arrested for pot in Butts County Georgia. They only held me for like 2 hours but sorting it all out was a nightmare when I got back to FL. Also I was with this girl that had a full bottle of Oxys. They had her mom's name on them and the cop let her go w/o charge and let her keep the pills because the last names matched up. We really dodged a bullet there.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland

View attachment 5738

Fun fact, when I was driving to Bonnaroo in 09 to see Phish I got arrested for pot in Butts County Georgia. They only held me for like 2 hours but sorting it all out was a nightmare when I got back to FL. Also I was with this girl that had a full bottle of Oxys. They had her mom's name on them and the cop let her go w/o charge and let her keep the pills because the last names matched up. We really dodged a bullet there.
That sounds like a real pain in the...... well, you know.

• Haha
Reactions: JHDK

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
It's bad enough that Bed Bath & Beyond was selling blackface pumpkins – but adding a motion sensor so they started singing My Mammy when someone walked by was way over the top.

'An extreme lack of sensitivity': Bed Bath & Beyond pulls jack-o'-lanterns over blackface claims

1571948585941.png

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
It's bad enough that Bed Bath & Beyond was selling blackface pumpkins – but adding a motion sensor so they started singing My Mammy when someone walked by was way over the top.

'An extreme lack of sensitivity': Bed Bath & Beyond pulls jack-o'-lanterns over blackface claims

View attachment 5741
I see your blackface pumpkin, and raise you a black lynching