Miscellaneous News Thread

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I thought you didn't like my pun -- and now you tell me you didn't even notice it at first. I don't know if I should feel relieved or offended.

I wonder how many "running jokes" we will have in 2020. (Let's see how quickly you get that one!)

Reactions: semipenguin

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I wonder how much of this fourth-quarter debt is the result of millions of people people using credit cards to buy thousands of dollars of Christmas gifts on Amazon -- but, hey, I don't hear Jeff Bezos complaining! Well.....okay, yeah, he's complaining about AMI and the National Enquirer but that's a different matter.

American household debt just hit a new record high
Business Insider, Feb 12 2019 04:21 PM

Americans faced record levels of debt at the end of 2018, with the amount owed by households rising for an eighteenth consecutive quarter. Overall debt rose by $32 billion to $13.5 trillion in the fourth quarter, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York said in a report today, bringing it to a fresh high. Total household debt was nearly 7% higher than the previous peak of $12.68 trillion seen in the third quarter of 2008. One of the most troubling trends, according to economists, is the number of Americans seriously delinquent on auto and student loans.

American household debt just hit a new record high | Markets Insider

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Phoenix is as bad as L.A. probably half the population came there.

Here I see people ride on their brakes, gas and don't know how to use their directionals.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
As someone who has driven on southern California freeways many hundreds of times, I speak as the voice of experience. (For those of you who don't know, an experience is a former perience.) Most drivers on our congested freeways don't bother to signal before they change lanes. The reason? Other drivers are very protective of their "space" on the road and seldom let another driver get in front of them. Sometimes when they see another driver's turn signal, they'll even speed up (if possible). We've learned to wait until a gap opens up between vehicles and then quickly move into that lane without signaling.

You've heard of "defensive driving"? In Los Angeles we have offensive driving!