Miscellaneous News Thread

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I find this difficult to believe that this is the first. Species have been going extinct for eons. I am sure at least 1 of them was probably a mammal.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk
The headline is overly vague. Replace "climate change" with "this instance of man-made climate change" to make it more accurate.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Maybe we should start rewriting headlines to make them more accurate -- although that could lead to problems. For example, if I beat Mister hyson in a foot race, my headline would say that I won and his headline would say that he finished second and I was next to last. Both headlines would be accurate, but.......

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I didn’t click link and got abbreviated headline which I thought said climate change had caused extinction of first mammal.

But meme is correct in it should be isolating it to this current period of climate change.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I didn’t click link and got abbreviated headline which I thought said climate change had caused extinction of first mammal.

But meme is correct in it should be isolating it to this current period of climate change.

The headline is fine. Headlines are short, otherwise they wouldn't be headlines. It's not a stretch to assume that "climate change" refers to the current phenomenon that's been a daily topic for the past few decades, rather than a reference to the ice age.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The dollar figures of their losses are pretty staggering. No ketchup for you!
Kraft Heinz posts huge loss, slashes dividend and reveals SEC investigation - CNN

The company wrote down the value of its Kraft and Oscar Mayer brands by $15 billion, posted a $12.6 billion loss, cut its dividend by 36% and announced its accounting practices are under investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The dollar figures of their losses are pretty staggering. No ketchup for you!
Kraft Heinz posts huge loss, slashes dividend and reveals SEC investigation - CNN

The company wrote down the value of its Kraft and Oscar Mayer brands by $15 billion, posted a $12.6 billion loss, cut its dividend by 36% and announced its accounting practices are under investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

We switched to French’s Ketchup when Heinz pulled out of Canada. French’s is using Canadian tomatoes and making it here.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
On February 19 -- Go look! -- I posted the news that lightsaber dueling is now recognized as a competitive sport in France. Well, as Al Jolson said, you ain't heard nothin' yet! Who knew anybody even still does this anymore?

Breakdancing being considered for 2024 Olympics

And they delisted baseball. This is why the Olympics suck.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Sully is now a hospital corpsman second class at the Walter Reed Medical Center. But really, shouldn't that be corpsdog?

George H.W. Bush's former service dog Sully has a new job with the US Navy

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/27/us/george-hw-bush-dog-sully-walter-reed-hospital/index.html
Sully is capable of doing a number of tasks, from answering phones to turning lights on and off. "Not only is he good at retrieving things, he helped the President by opening doors, and knew when to get assistance from someone else."

I think we have Koop's next smartwatch.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Sully is capable of doing a number of tasks, from answering phones to turning lights on and off. "Not only is he good at retrieving things, he helped the President by opening doors, and knew when to get assistance from someone else."

I think we have Koop's next smartwatch.

The barking probably counts as a notification which ruled it out.

Reactions: scotchandcigar