Text Claw!!!

1667151.jpg

Reactions: scotchandcigar

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Funny.
It won't happen in 80 years though. That would assume that technology doesn't evolve, and that there are still humans roaming the earth.

If you think about it, smart phones have only been around for 19 years or so. Nobody expected that the technology would grow so quickly or be so pervasive. At some point soon we won't have these glowing bricks stuck in our hands. Somebody will come up with something like google glasses that actually work and don't make you look like a douche. Or we'll all be dead and the cockroaches will communicate telepathically.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Would a pharmaceutical company really push a product it knew to be highly addictive and often deadly? No, no – not any more than tobacco companies would push a product they knew to be highly addictive and often deadly.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Would a pharmaceutical company really push a product it knew to be highly addictive and often deadly? No, no – not any more than tobacco companies would push a product they knew to be highly addictive and often deadly.

There have been other pharma companies that have already had judgments against them for pushing opiods.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
When you look like this:

1563552384470.png

You can do whatever you want and I'll put up with it, but in general I'm not a fan of nonsense where it doesn't belong. If they were a bunch of dudes I would have been screaming for them to be dragged off in cuffs like that "doctor" from a few years ago.

1563552494127.png

Reactions: semipenguin

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I'd be so pissed if a wave murdered my father:

Waves are jerks.
I was actually thinking of posting this under Sad News. This guy was so good, successful, and likable, it almost seems like a joke. Four of their six kids are adopted, one has CP. He just became president of his company. He was an inspiration to everyone.

• Sad
Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I was actually thinking of posting this under Sad News. This guy was so good, successful, and likable, it almost seems like a joke. Four of their six kids are adopted, one has CP. He just became president of his company. He was an inspiration to everyone.

Hopefully he had life insurance and the Mrs. has a good job.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
There's a lesson here. We're all going to die, so don't waste a lot of effort being wonderful.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I know I come off a heartless around here sometimes. Usually it's for joking purposes but this story bothered me:

I understand the backlash but don't like it. Don't have kids if you can't afford to feed them. It's really not that hard to not to have a kid. Shit, I'm super irresponsible but even in my most blacked out nights I remembered to use a freaking condom. And they cost nothing. They are cheap at Walgreen's or wherever and I'm pretty sure you can get them free at like health clinics or places like that. Worse comes to worse, there is always levonorgestrel.

And if I decided to have a kid, or if it was an accident (which I just covered how that should never happen) well then you gotta change your lifestyle to make it work. Pack a freaking PBJ lunch for the kid...don't go into debt to the school. It's crazy to me.

Now, I may be a bit more resentful about this than usual. I mentioned a breakup a week or two ago and discussions about a possible family were kinda (among other major issues) at the heart of it. I like my carefree lifestyle and don't wan't the major life change that would involve...even if it's down the road a few years I wasn't going to commit to anything disingenuously. I like going to Disney by myself whenever I choose or going out at night with no worries. I don't want to have to save all year for a 1 week trip or feel guilty if I don't get home after work right away. Shit man, I constantly worry about my cat, having a little human to take care of would give me an aneurysm. Well, fuck...I guess I'm talking about it. The fact I live with my dad these days didn't help either. I have a condo that sits empty most weeks and some people might have thought that was crazy seeing how the old man is already in a retirement community.

I'm clearly over it. Can't you all tell?

Anyway back to the point. Feed your kids.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I know I come off a heartless around here sometimes. Usually it's for joking purposes but this story bothered me:

I understand the backlash but don't like it. Don't have kids if you can't afford to feed them. It's really not that hard to not to have a kid. Shit, I'm super irresponsible but even in my most blacked out nights I remembered to use a freaking condom. And they cost nothing. They are cheap at Walgreen's or wherever and I'm pretty sure you can get them free at like health clinics or places like that. Worse comes to worse, there is always levonorgestrel.

And if I decided to have a kid, or if it was an accident (which I just covered how that should never happen) well then you gotta change your lifestyle to make it work. Pack a freaking PBJ lunch for the kid...don't go into debt to the school. It's crazy to me.

Now, I may be a bit more resentful about this than usual. I mentioned a breakup a week or two ago and discussions about a possible family were kinda (among other major issues) at the heart of it. I like my carefree lifestyle and don't wan't the major life change that would involve...even if it's down the road a few years I wasn't going to commit to anything disingenuously. I like going to Disney by myself whenever I choose or going out at night with no worries. I don't want to have to save all year for a 1 week trip or feel guilty if I don't get home after work right away. Shit man, I constantly worry about my cat, having a little human to take care of would give me an aneurysm. Well, fuck...I guess I'm talking about it. The fact I live with my dad these days didn't help either. I have a condo that sits empty most weeks and some people might have thought that was crazy seeing how the old man is already in a retirement community.

I'm clearly over it. Can't you all tell?

Anyway back to the point. Feed your kids.

Clearly they aren't spending any time being wonderful.

• Haha
Reactions: scotchandcigar