Miscellaneous News Thread

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
On the one hand, screw this guy.

On the other hand, this is a pretty neat story.

Gotta be a huge embarrassment for the Japanese police.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Chilean sea bass and filet mignon were served at the Golden Globe Awards dinner in 2017. Chilean sea bass was served in 2018 and 2019. This year, the dinner will be plant-based. Nearly 1,300 show-business people will have to eat mushrooms, beet soup and brussels sprouts instead of steak and fish. Yeah, that should go over well.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
In 1976, President Gerald Ford officially recognized February as Black History Month in 1976. He called upon the public to "seize the opportunity to honor the too-often neglected accomplishments of black Americans in every area of endeavor throughout our history." Black History Month has been observed every year since. Apparently we're not supposed to care about black history during the other 11 months of the year. Anyway, some schmuck at Barnes & Noble decided it would be a good idea to "celebrate diversity" by printing famous novels with new covers. A black Juliet. A black Captain Ahab. A black Frankenstein monster. Wow. The Twitterverse is not amused.

'Apologize for this racist idea': Barnes & Noble faces backlash over 'disgusting' book covers

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Who?

Yang quit.
I knew who he was.
Yeah Yang was in the debates and all. Deval Patrick is a former Massachusetts governor, who wasn't particularly well-liked in his own state, and not well-known elsewhere in the country. He was a friend of Obama, but that didn't get him anywhere. Patrick entered the primary race very late, so he didn't participate in any debates. I'm not sure what he thought was going to happen.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Yeah Yang was in the debates and all. Deval Patrick is a former Massachusetts governor, who wasn't particularly well-liked in his own state, and not well-known elsewhere in the country. He was a friend of Obama, but that didn't get him anywhere. Patrick entered the primary race very late, so he didn't participate in any debates. I'm not sure what he thought was going to happen.

That's a great selling point -- not well liked by those who know you.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Hey, I'm not well liked by those who know me. Of course I'm smart enough to not run for President. Michael Bennet also dropped out of the race. Did anyone here follow the New Hampshire primary? There were 33 – thirty-three! – candidates on the ballot, including Mosie Boyd, Rita Krichevsky and David John Thistle. Who???