Miscellaneous News Thread

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So then I don't understand. If it's a news story on a channel you can get anywhere in the nation it's made national news.

I guess you're making a point about not liking Fox?

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Oy, that is a horrible story. Being molested or preyed upon at a young age can severely affect people for their lives. This is a confusing time for many of us. The wife wants to move out of the country, and everyday says 'she's done'

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Oy, that is a horrible story. Being molested or preyed upon at a young age can severely affect people for their lives. This is a confusing time for many of us. The wife wants to move out of the country, and everyday says 'she's done'

Yea, and it was the 2nd anniversary of her kid killing himself.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
So then I don't understand. If it's a news story on a channel you can get anywhere in the nation it's made national news.

I guess you're making a point about not liking Fox?
It has nothing to do with what I like. You can get Extra! anywhere in the nation too, but one doesn't automatically brand their pieces as "national news".

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
It has nothing to do with what I like. You can get Extra! anywhere in the nation too, but one doesn't automatically brand their pieces as "national news".

Huh, I guess we disagree then. If I see some story on Extra about something that just happened with a celeb, along with another seeing it on another site like TMZ, I would think it's a national celeb story.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Huh, I guess we disagree then. If I see some story on Extra about something that just happened with a celeb, along with another seeing it on another site like TMZ, I would think it's a national celeb story.
I'm trying to agree with you. You said this
why is this such a big story? Sad, but a national story?
So I explained how it's not a national news story. I can tune in to TMZ, and they might be telling us what's going on with Molly Ringwald, but that doesn't make it a national news story.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This is a weird discussion.

So what makes a national story? 2 seperate national outlets covering the same story isn't enough?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
If it is a national publication or on a national news network, it is national news. I would not call TMZ a national news network. Or Extra. But CNN or FOX News is a national news network. You can disagree about the merit of the news and the slant but they are national news networks.

That being said, FOX affiliate probably promoted it to FOX News due to same ownership.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Odd. The Today Show website immediately says she died by suicide, but the article you posted never mentions suicide; it just says "died suddenly" about a dozen times.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Odd. The Today Show website immediately says she died by suicide, but the article you posted never mentions suicide; it just says "died suddenly" about a dozen times.
From her facebook post it doesn't take much to realize it was suicide. I guess they were trying to take the sting away.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Young, females' deaths that done't make sense or if there's foul play (especially white women in this country) is one of the hardest events for a community to withstand.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Gotta love a woman who can multitask.

Urinating woman is seen 'performing sex act on a man' on Upper West Side street as the upmarket neighborhood experiences surge in crime

The article doesn't say definitively that she was also peeing (further investigation is clearly needed) but I really love that headline.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Reactions: geosync