Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
They sure did buy a whole bunch of championships from 2001 to 2008 :shock:
Posted via Mobile Device

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
They sure did buy a whole bunch of championships from 2001 to 2008 :shock:
Posted via Mobile Device
No, but they didn't lose key players in their farm system or off of their team in order to get better each year, they just reached into their revenue stream and still never finished lower than third place in their division dating back to 1993. Spending double what your closest competitor spends doesn't guarantee a championship, but it does help your chances way more than if you don't.

I know, I know...the Pirates and the Orioles and the Royals all have the same gripe.

Pfft.....

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
And now for something completely different.....

Pitcher faces misdemeanor charges

Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

SEATTLE -- San Francisco Giants star pitcher Tim Lincecum is facing misdemeanor marijuana charges following a traffic stop in his home state.
Washington State Patrol spokesman Steve Schatzel said Thursday that the 2008 Cy Young Award winner and former star at the University of Washington was pulled over for speeding on Interstate 5 in the town of Hazel Dell, about four miles north of the Oregon border, on Oct. 30.

Lincecum
An officer approached Lincecum's 2006 Mercedes and smelled marijuana as the pitcher rolled down his window. Schatzel said Lincecum immediately complied with a request to hand over the drug and a marijuana pipe from the car's center console.
The amount measured was 3.3 grams. Schatzel said police consider that a small amount for personal use, well below the maximum of 40 grams before possession is classified differently and carries a more severe penalty.
The arrest was first reported by The Columbian in Vancouver, Wash.

San Francisco Giants ace Tim Lincecum cited for marijuana possession - ESPN

Funny, he doesn't strike me as a stoner. :scared:

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
No, but they didn't lose key players in their farm system or off of their team in order to get better each year, they just reached into their revenue stream and still never finished lower than third place in their division dating back to 1993. Spending double what your closest competitor spends doesn't guarantee a championship, but it does help your chances way more than if you don't.

I know, I know...the Pirates and the Orioles and the Royals all have the same gripe.

Pfft.....
I think the Yankees won it again this year for two reasons. Number one is they spent almost double than the closest competiter, and number two is they got the right management and coaches to put together an all-star team with some chemistry. I can't fault the Yankees for playing within the rules, but I think the rules suck. You should be able to win without having an unfair advantage over the opponents. Look at the Patriots. As much as I hate them they compete on an EVEN playing field and still win. Gotta respect them for that. Just because the Yankees have a decent staff doesn't mean they don't have an advantage over everyone else. Sure the Royals could go out and buy a team and win the World Series, but they would go bankrupt doing it.

IMHO baseball won't matter again until they get a salary cap in place. I don't care if they have a 2 year lockout to achieve it. I find myself more interested in baseball the older I get, but if the disparity between the haves and the have nots continue I can't see myself getting into it any deeper than watching the World Series. Sure every once in a while a small market team get to the big one, and the next year all those players go to the Yankees. The time for the salary cap in baseball has come, or risk it becoming an afterthought to all those except true baseball statistic freaks. Is there any wonder why the NFL and football in general is the overwhelmingly most popular sport in the United States? It is a better game but it is also way more fair in the NFL. Everyone has a chance in the NFL. Arizona made it to the Super Bowl last year, nuff said.

You get parity in baseball, you gain some fans, maybe even me!

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Pitcher faces misdemeanor charges

Funny, he doesn't strike me as a stoner. :scared:
:roflmao:

Why do you exceed the speed limit when you know you have something illegal in your car. :confused:

I have heard stories of people with suspended driver lic. going out and speeding then getting caught upon being pulled over. I just do not get it why you would risk going over the speed limit if you are in that situation.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008

Why do you exceed the speed limit when you know you have something illegal in your car. :confused:

I have heard stories of people with suspended driver lic. going out and speeding then getting caught upon being pulled over. I just do not get it why you would risk going over the speed limit if you are in that situation.
He was going too fast because he had a two-seem grip on the steering wheel...everything that little bastard does he does with speed...or in this case, weed.

It was a dumb move on Timmy's part.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies

And if you think about it, weed should slow you down, not make you want to go faster.