MLB 2009 POST Season Thread

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
The Yankees were far from flawless. They gave the Angels plenty of opportunities.
I think the Yankees mismanaged their bullpen, but managed to pull out the win.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
SIRIUS subscribers, I am curious if you will get this broadcast tonight. Let us know.

8:00 PM–11:00 PM est.
ESPN Radio

XM 140NLCS | Los Angeles Dodgers @ Philadelphia PhilliesNLCS | Los Angeles Dodgers @ Philadelphia Phillies (Game 3)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
SIRIUS subscribers, I am curious if you will get this broadcast tonight. Let us know.

8:00 PM–11:00 PM est.
ESPN Radio

XM 140NLCS | Los Angeles Dodgers @ Philadelphia PhilliesNLCS | Los Angeles Dodgers @ Philadelphia Phillies (Game 3)

Sirius takes the non MLB feed for ESPN as Sirius is not allowed to broadcast MLB.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Sirius takes the non MLB feed for ESPN as Sirius is not allowed to broadcast MLB.
That's crazy. Hopefully, SIRIUS subs can get it via Best of XM next year.

I am willing to think it is Major League Baseball holding out for more money.

The NBA and NFL was cool about it crossing to XM.

It was probably the wording or non-wording of the MLB contract with XM.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
That's crazy. Hopefully, SIRIUS subs can get it via Best of XM next year.

I am willing to think it is Major League Baseball holding out for more money.

The NBA and NFL was cool about it crossing to XM.

It was probably the wording or non-wording of the MLB contract with XM.

It is definatly MLB.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
It's so charming when other cities employ the "Beat LA" chant. It makes me feel that the San Francisco Bay Area is still connected to the baseball season even though their National League team representation is nowhere to be found.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't the "Beat LA" chant originate in Boston in the '80's...all those Celtics/Lakers Finals?

I don't know its origins, I've only ever heard it in earnest at every Giants/Dodgers game since the 80's.

What year was the Celtic/Laker finals? I never really followed basketball.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Wow...I just did me some internettin and found out the origins do come from a Philly/Boston basketball game. At least that's what I found out in doing two quick searches. I guess the time line works out right, seeing that I couldn't pin point a specific time other than when I heard it while in my twenties. But because I am nearly self deprived of enjoying basketball it doesn't surprise me at all, I guess.

Wow...next you'll be telling me there's no Santa Claus.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I don't know its origins, I've only ever heard it in earnest at every Giants/Dodgers game since the 80's.

What year was the Celtic/Laker finals? I never really followed basketball.

I bet you were happy to see the Dodgers bow out tonight.

But yeah, after doing some quick reading, I'm pretty sure it's been San Francisco employing Boston's chant all these years...

One of the lasting effects on the Lakers-Celtics rivalry was the usage of the famous "Beat L.A.!!!" chant, sung by fans in opposing arenas whenever a Los Angeles-based team plays in their home venue. Celtics fans sang the slogan in the 1960s at Boston Garden, and again in the 1980s in the Johnson-Bird rivalry. Perhaps its most famous usage was during Game 7 the 1982 Eastern Conference Championships when the Boston fans urged the victorious Sixers to "Beat L.A." It has kept on with every Los Angeles sports franchise since then. The two teams met again in the 2008 NBA Finals, reviving the rivalry once again.

BEAT_LA.jpg

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
These were my World Series predictions...

Angels over Cardinals in 7 :)

Edit: In order of who I want to win

Angels
Yankees
Cardinals
Twins
Dodgers
Red Sox
Rockies
Phillies

I don't like the Phillies. I don't think the Angels can mount a comeback, so I hope the Yankees can bet the Phillies like a redheaded stepchild :shock:

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I was surprised by the way the Angels melted down. I expected more from them.
...Not to take anything away from the Yankees. They are playing quite well.