MLB 2009 POST Season Thread

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I was surprised by the way the Angels melted down. I expected more from them.
...Not to take anything away from the Yankees. They are playing quite well.

They seemed to make a lot of mental mistakes.

I can't say how disappointed I am that the Yankees are going to the World Series.

Go Philly.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Indian fans should be proud of tonight's World Series Game 1 pitching matchup.

589_1256704607.jpg
589_1256704584.jpg

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I was surprised by the way the Angels melted down. I expected more from them.
...Not to take anything away from the Yankees. They are playing quite well.

They seemed to make a lot of mental mistakes.

Angels are a young team. With the exception of a few veterans (only 2 players are left from the 2002 Championship season :worried:) most are young players.

I can't say how disappointed I am that the Yankees are going to the World Series.

Go Philly.

NO Phillies :churn:

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Limegrass69 is working on the "best day ever."

Giants/Eagles at 1:00 PM.
Tailgate from end of football game until about 7:30
Then, walk across the street World Series Game 4.

I'll owe Mrs. Limegrass69 big time if I pull this off. After all that, it's a long drive back to NY!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Limegrass69 is working on the "best day ever."

Giants/Eagles at 1:00 PM.
Tailgate from end of football game until about 7:30
Then, walk across the street World Series Game 4.

I'll owe Mrs. Limegrass69 big time if I pull this off. After all that, it's a long drive back to NY!

Good for you! :D

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Indian fans should be proud of tonight's World Series Game 1 pitching matchup.

589_1256704607.jpg
589_1256704584.jpg

Indian fans will probably be on suicide watch knowing their players are pitching in the series for someone else's team. Especially considering the state of the team now.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Indian fans will probably be on suicide watch knowing their players are pitching in the series for someone else's team. Especially considering the state of the team now.

Two great pitchers that didn't lose their heads :)

Too soon? :scratch: :right:

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio

Not a big deal. We're used to it after all of these years. During the 1970s, the tribe was the major farm team for the Yanks. They could have retained both if they wanted to retain a high payroll. At least both were traded - unlike many who walked away for free agency without getting anything in return: Jim Thome, Manny Ramirez, Albert Belle.

Interesting matchup tonite beyond being recent teammates with consecutive Cy Youngs. Probably the first time that the same guys who started on opening day also started on the home team's game 1 of the series. Hopefully they meet again in Philly - both are pretty good hitters. CC has good power and isn't afraid to swing away.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
As a Yankees fan, it was a frustrating game to watch. But as a fan of baseball, it's good to see a game where a pitcher has such control of the game. The Yankee hitters looked like they were swatting at flies.

It was a good game. But don't count the Yankees out. They always seem to play better when they are behind...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
As a Yankees fan, it was a frustrating game to watch. But as a fan of baseball, it's good to see a game where a pitcher has such control of the game. The Yankee hitters looked like they were swatting at flies.

It was a good game. But don't count the Yankees out. They always seem to play better when they are behind...

Lets test that theory and put them 4 games behind. :whistle:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I thought Cliff Lee was supposed to start game four? :scratch:

Oh well. It's not going to help the Phillies now :)

I didn't realize this until someone said this on the radio, but the last NL team to win back to back WS Titles were the 1975-76 Reds :shock:
Posted via Mobile Device

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Lee is starting Game 5.
It was a great game last night. I'm glad I was there and that the good guys won. It helped dull the pain of the unmitigated ass whooping the Giants got across the street earlier in the day.
It would have been a long drive home had the Yankees lost.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Congrats to the Yankees...another championship well-bought.

Yes, the state of New York spent over 350 million dollars to secure bragging rights as World Champions, but only 145 million of those dollars were totally misspent...those dollars being the ones that were thrown over at Citi Field.

Their first year in the house that television contracts built and they wind up World Champs while at the same time helping to deliver knock out TV ratings...awesome, just awesome...look for the Pittsburgh Pirates versus the Kansas City Royals battle sometime in....oh....I don't know.....never.

Just awesome.