More details on SiriusXM Lynx

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Has it been confirmed that if you have a Sirius or XM subscription will the Lynx will be compatible with either for a swap?
That would be a dream scenario. I'll be expecting an e-mail on December 25th to confirm my lifetime status with a Lynx once my Stiletto craps out. lol

Since billing departments have yet to fully merge who knows how long it will take SiriusXM to make a decision on current accounts.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
The recording via wifi puts it more in line with what people are used to, I think, with slacker and such. Being able to get radio replays and record songs via wifi and cache them makes it much more appealing since it's all there all the time. This is what we all were hoping 2.0 could bring.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
This is better. You get the recording, song saving queue and live radio all in one. Plus it looks fantastic. That Slacker G2 I have would not play all the songs that I use to put in my personal channels. If the Lynx works properly, it will be the greatest radio ever made.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I'm guessing that if they have told you a release date, that you're probably not allowed to say much till they make their announcement first. But.......
Is it looking like it may be that close to Christmas when it's available?

To bide the time till it's available, do you think there's enough information available to start compiling a conversion survival guide? You know, stuff like what power adapters, antennas, we'll be able to reuse. What subscription options we'll need, etc.

I know I'll need a car dock and 2 home docks. So I'll want to order before the year is over to take advantage of the deal.

Also, in the past, TSS has had buyback offers. Will there be enough of a market on Stilettos and whatnot that you may do that again?
-SiriusXM never has release dates the way DVDs/Blu-Rays/or Apple does. When it lands in the country they will ship them out asap.

-I'm 99% sure it will use the PowerConnect Power Adapters and standard XM Car or Home Antennas.

-People will have to activate it on the XM side.

-We always can entertain buying back equipment although I've seen a big decrease in it for things like Stilettos.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
If I could transfer my lifetime sub on the Sirius side to this thing, I'd be all over it.
Talk about an ultimate Christmas gift. I'd settle for an e-mail notification to this effect midnight on the 24th. lol

Can't wait for the billing department dust/merge/shuffle to settle and a decision regarding current subs.

If the Lynx lives up to it's press clipping I'll still be tempted to buy a receiver from TSS and pay for a year-to-year package for 14.99+3= @18 bucks a month. with a free net moth or two for a one year pact.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I may look at it as an SL2 replacement IF it can record by timer off WiFi.

Can it be activated without sat reception and only over WiFi? I have limited time left of sat reception and not getting a dock would be the likely course for me.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I may look at it as an SL2 replacement IF it can record by timer off WiFi.

Can it be activated without sat reception and only over WiFi? I have limited time left of sat reception and not getting a dock would be the likely course for me.

You can use an Internet Radio login and not have to activate it as a Satellite Radio. Something the Stiletto couldn't do.

And to answer Rob's question yes being on the XM side means paying extra for Stern. All the new technology will be on the XM side. The flip side is you get more channels w/XM and can get MLB.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
You can use an Internet Radio login and not have to activate it as a Satellite Radio. Something the Stiletto couldn't do.

And to answer Rob's question yes being on the XM side means paying extra for Stern. All the new technology will be on the XM side. The flip side is you get more channels w/XM and can get MLB.
So I don't even have to activate it as a satrad. I suppose it would need an XM account login not a SIR one though correct? If I can do a SIR internet login, I may find the money for this this Xmas.

And I can record via schedule?

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
I know the XM tech is better, still sucks that they won't merge the services already. thats a dealbreaker for me.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
:mad: so that means we have to pay extra to get stern
i can see a lawsuit coming out of this somehow. sucks that sirius gets nothing like the lynx, yet to get it, us current sirius subscribers will have to pony up more to get stern over on xm. other than the fact of the new radio, i have no reason to switch to xm.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
So I don't even have to activate it as a satrad. I suppose it would need an XM account login not a SIR one though correct? If I can do a SIR internet login, I may find the money for this this Xmas.

And I can record via schedule?
Repeating my questions:

• Can I use a SIR account or do I need an XMRO account?
  • Can I record via schedule?

Anyone? Anyone? Beuler? Taylor?

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
It'd be nice if they'd just come up with a policy and put it on their website.

I'd consider getting a Lynx if I could swap my Sirius Lifetime sub over to it.

Would a lifetime sub even transfer with this having new channels?

They just seem to leave it all up in the air except: Here are are new monthly, quarterly, and yearly fees.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I'd even be OK with a one-time fee to cut my lifetime account over to the XM side.
But I fear that over time, the lifetime subscription will continue to deteriorate over time until the point where it's essentially useless (other than providing a discount on a streaming subscription if you don't have another satellite radio).