More details on SiriusXM Lynx

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 7, 2008
siriusxmlynx012.jpg

More details on SiriusXM’s next generation radio have leaked online this time you can thank*Zak Billmeier from Crutchfield.com

Included are numerous images and a nice writeup of features, most we already learned about thanks to an early leak by Best Buy.

According to Zak:

The Lynx may be the most exciting satellite radio ever. It’s a cool little touchscreen marvel that at times seems part-smartphone, part-DVR, part music player…but it’s really something totally new. I got a chance to see it in action at a training session recently, and came away thinking, “Wow, the Lynx takes it upon itself to make sure you’ll never, ever get bored.”

Most importantly, the Lynx lets you take your satellite radio with you. No matter where you go, it’ll keep your favorite shows right at hand — it automatically records the last five hours of your five favorite channels. When you grab it and head out the door, you’ve got enough content loaded to keep you entertained for quite a while.

You can even store MP3s on a microSDâ„¢ memory card so you’ll have your existing library on hand. You can listen to satellite radio over a Wi-Fi network, and with the help of optional accessory kits, you can listen in your car and over your home stereo system. And since you can get a satellite radio signal from coast to coast, you won’t lose your music when you’re on the road.

XTRA CHANNELS
The Lynx gives you access to all the channels you already love — plus, with either a SiriusXM Select, Premier or All Access package, you’ll get more than 20 new XTRA CHANNELS, including:

• more commercial-free music
  • more sports
  • more entertainment
  • SiriusXM Latino, which gives you 12+ Spanish-language channels
Listen over a Wi-Fi network
With a SiriusXM Internet Radio subscription, you can listen over the Internet when the Lynx is connected to a Wi-Fi network. While connected, you can view album art and even artist bios (when available) on the big color screen.

Record shows, listen later
Once the Lynx is docked or connected to the Internet, it’ll record your favorite channels using its Radio Replays feature. It can capture up to 200 hours of programming, including up to five shows at once. That way, you’ll have plenty of content to check out when you grab the Lynx and go.

Stream satellite radio with built-in Bluetooth®
Built-in Bluetooth lets you stream programming from the Lynx to a compatible device, like a car stereo, headphones, or the home dock (not included).
Gorgeous touchscreen, cool features
You can tap your way through your favorite channels on the Lynx’ large touchscreen. You can also pause, rewind, and replay live programming, plus find out what’s playing on another channel while you’re listening. ShowFinderâ„¢ lets you know when your favorite shows are scheduled — tap the screen, and you’ll get an alert when one comes on. And if you switch to one of your five favorite channels in the middle of a song, no problem — Tune Start will bring you back to the beginning so you don’t miss a thing.
Highlights:

• Wi-Fi enabled portable SiriusXM satellite radio
  • can tune in SiriusXM XTRA CHANNELS
  • record programming for listening later
  • pause and rewind live satellite radio
  • full-color touchscreen display
  • PowerConnect system includes auxiliary output cable and power adapter/FM transmitter
  • built-in Bluetooth
  • microSD card slot for MP3s
  • warranty: 90 days

---
View the original Article at Digital Radio Magazine or discuss it here.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Nice find! That even more pretty cool radio! I click on the clucthfield link and apparently if you per-order the Lynx, you get a choose SiriusXM Car Kit for Lynx or SiriusXM Home Kit for Lynx for free. A not bad offer, but I still rather support TSS Radio and buy the radio from them.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Awe man, another teaser! The release date has to be really soon. Within the week????

I'm still stoked.

I'll have to sign up for the web service again.

jmarren

Nov 25, 2009
Awe man, another teaser! The release date has to be really soon. Within the week????

I'm still stoked.

I'll have to sign up for the web service again.

Does anyone know if this radio has tuneselect? Tuneselect notifies you when an artist you have saved is playing on another station. This is my favorite sxm feature. I wouldn't buy a radio without it. I haven't seen it listed as a feature with the new radios.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Does anyone know if this radio has tuneselect? Tuneselect notifies you when an artist you have saved is playing on another station. This is my favorite sxm feature. I wouldn't buy a radio without it. I haven't seen it listed as a feature with the new radios.

I haven't heard about that feature on this radio yet. There was talk on previous radios that had recording capabilities that the IIRC wouldn't let Sirius use the tuneselect because it made it too easy to record a song. I don't know if this is fact or not, bit it sounded plausible.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
More info gets me more excited. We should have our description up at the end of the week. We appreciate all those who are going to order from TSS. I think it's coming out at BestBuy.com and Crutchfield.com and then after that it will filter to some other dealers. I don't think it's going to be readily available in stores though. We are having training on it first hand tomorrow but not sure how much of that info we will be able to share.

Again, I would love to ask the TSS supporters to buy it from us. Our business is entirely based around SiriusXM and have been waiting 4 years since the last big product release so we are counting on this holiday season to make up for the last few. But can't blame people if they have to pull the trigger asap.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Those features all of a sudden seem more attractive now. I'd still like to go hands on with this baby. If it had a built in antenna, I'd be sold. Also, the form factor is more plug and play, which I'm not crazy about. Decisions decisions.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
TSS all the way. You guys have always been great to us and you KNOW what you're talking about. The kids in theblue shirts and khaki pants don't always know. The TSS customer experience is second to none.
Posted via Mobile Device

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
More info gets me more excited. We should have our description up at the end of the week. We appreciate all those who are going to order from TSS. I think it's coming out at BestBuy.com and Crutchfield.com and then after that it will filter to some other dealers. I don't think it's going to be readily available in stores though. We are having training on it first hand tomorrow but not sure how much of that info we will be able to share.

Again, I would love to ask the TSS supporters to buy it from us. Our business is entirely based around SiriusXM and have been waiting 4 years since the last big product release so we are counting on this holiday season to make up for the last few. But can't blame people if they have to pull the trigger asap.

Have you guys considered diversifying? Becoming an Apple reseller as well or something like that? My SXM purchases are pretty limited these days and I do throw you guys whatever I order but would like to thow other business your way as well. I find your support to be well above other retailers I have delt with but if I am dealing outside of SXM, I have little choice.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Best Buy is my last stop for a Lynx. The Edge has been out a month, on their display for three weeks and inn the weekly add zero times.

I'd like to learn more about setting up recording times for multiple channels of my choice. Interesting to find how I need to set my five favorite channels for automatic recording of the past five hours it's been docked.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

Considering the investment that TSS makes in keeping this forum up and running. I think all that are considering buying should buy from TSS. The thing that I know from my own dealings the customer service is absolutely the best bar none.

This product looks so sweet it almost makes me want to buy one and I am really not in the market for another device.

This is going to be a sweet Sat Radio setup though. Both sat and Wifi, along with the ability to record and bring that with you for those times when you wouldn't have wifi or sat access. SWEET!!!

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
Record shows, listen later
Once the Lynx is docked or connected to the Internet, it’ll record your favorite channels using its Radio Replays feature. It can capture up to 200 hours of programming, including up to five shows at once. That way, you’ll have plenty of content to check out when you grab the Lynx and go.

it may be worth it to get the lynx just to be able to record bbc radio1 again

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
with no internal antenna, and no supplied docks, it better record on WIFI!

Thankfully no internal antenna. Can't believe how many people EXPECTED their Stiletto or XMP3 would get Satellite Reception in their bunker. I feel like so many expectations were that of cell reception and it lead to disappointment. As long as people are educated on how the Lynx works it will deliver.

Also keep in mind that if people purchase the Lynx before the end of the year (which may only be a 2-3 week period of time) that there will be a promotion to get a free home or car kit.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Thankfully no internal antenna. Can't believe how many people EXPECTED their Stiletto or XMP3 would get Satellite Reception in their bunker. I feel like so many expectations were that of cell reception and it lead to disappointment. As long as people are educated on how the Lynx works it will deliver.

Also keep in mind that if people purchase the Lynx before the end of the year (which may only be a 2-3 week period of time) that there will be a promotion to get a free home or car kit.

I'm guessing that if they have told you a release date, that you're probably not allowed to say much till they make their announcement first. But.......
Is it looking like it may be that close to Christmas when it's available?

To bide the time till it's available, do you think there's enough information available to start compiling a conversion survival guide? You know, stuff like what power adapters, antennas, we'll be able to reuse. What subscription options we'll need, etc.

I know I'll need a car dock and 2 home docks. So I'll want to order before the year is over to take advantage of the deal.

Also, in the past, TSS has had buyback offers. Will there be enough of a market on Stilettos and whatnot that you may do that again?

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
Has it been confirmed that if you have a Sirius or XM subscription will the Lynx will be compatible with either for a swap?