MTV Movie Awards

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
in honor of tonights awards i just thought we all should revisit the best one ever:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Zq2HzJH6s]YouTube - Howard Stern, Fartman, 1992[/ame]

long live fartman!!

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
If the movie awards on MTV are determined by their viewers, than the movies they pick probably suck, judging by the content they show on MTV these days. I haven't watched MTV in years now, just horrible.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Howard seems to be in extreme negative mode where no one can do anything right except maybe his brilliant wife. Sandra Bullock is a Howard Stern fan. So she's receiving an award and trying to get past her humiliation without doing the public weeping that so many asshole celebrities favor. She does a little kissing bit with the delicious Charlotte Johanson. That kiss lasted a millisecond and Howard is grossed out. Everything about the appearance is bad for Howard. He calls her desparate... Did anyone else see that apparance as desparate? You would think it was Jay Leno getting the award instead of Sandra Bullock.

Then he says MTV should fined for letting that director say "fuck" and "fucking" over and over. C[mon Howard...what's your problem.? Beside, it's a cable show.

Finally, a non-MTV thing... the air-whore Sal tells Howard he got laid on the weekend.. Rather than seeing something postive happening in Sal's life, Howard gropes for anything negative about the event and Sal is more than happy to provide whatever lie he can think up. Reminds me of Howard's many efforts to convince Gary he needed a divorce.

Can you imagine this guy Howard at home all day seven days a week with nurse Beth?

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
If the movie awards on MTV are determined by their viewers, than the movies they pick probably suck, judging by the content they show on MTV these days. I haven't watched MTV in years now, just horrible.

MTV is dead to me now.

I'm right there with you guys. Remember the good old days when they actually showed videos? I remember turing on MTV and using it like people use a radio. Why do they even have the video music awards? They never play any. Atleast thats what I'm told.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The awards bit. If you're a tween heartthrob, you were a winner.

The only redeeming qualities of the show were Les Grossman, and Aziz.
Les is little Tommy's best character ever, and Aziz is funny as shiz.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
I'm right there with you guys. Remember the good old days when they actually showed videos? I remember turing on MTV and using it like people use a radio. Why do they even have the video music awards? They never play any. Atleast thats what I'm told.

My wife was all giddy the other day, and I asked her what was up. she said she was excited because the new blah blah blah music video was coming out. I said "whats the point, its not like anybody plays music videos anymore" her response was "well, i can still watch it on her website"

There must be some market for it, i just can't see any reason why artists would spend so much money on producing videos.

The only thing on MTV and VH1 now is horrible reality TV shows

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Howard seems to be in extreme negative mode where no one can do anything right except maybe his brilliant wife. Sandra Bullock is a Howard Stern fan. So she's receiving an award and trying to get past her humiliation without doing the public weeping that so many asshole celebrities favor. She does a little kissing bit with the delicious Charlotte Johanson. That kiss lasted a millisecond and Howard is grossed out. Everything about the appearance is bad for Howard. He calls her desparate... Did anyone else see that apparance as desparate? You would think it was Jay Leno getting the award instead of Sandra Bullock.

Then he says MTV should fined for letting that director say "fuck" and "fucking" over and over. C[mon Howard...what's your problem.? Beside, it's a cable show.

Finally, a non-MTV thing... the air-whore Sal tells Howard he got laid on the weekend.. Rather than seeing something postive happening in Sal's life, Howard gropes for anything negative about the event and Sal is more than happy to provide whatever lie he can think up. Reminds me of Howard's many efforts to convince Gary he needed a divorce.

Can you imagine this guy Howard at home all day seven days a week with nurse Beth?

All of this seems to be Beth's influence, though. She totally dictates his opinion these days. Not tempers it, dictates it. There is no denying it. The MTV Movie Awards were pretty good, regardless of the actual winners, which is kind of irrelevant anyway. It was a decent show, entertainment-wise. I give credit to Sandra Bullock to show up and say "Let's all get on with our lives now." She gets it. Howard is still bitter he is "banned" from MTV, I guess. Yes, there was a ton of cursing, but why is the Champion of Freedom of Speech (Howard) always calling for the FCC to fine people? I know it's because he thinks that squares him up with the FCC, but he hasn't had to worry about the FCC in close to 5 years!!! Get over it, man! He sounds like a bitter old man.

I have wanted to start a thread about just how much sh*t Sal takes from Howard. Sal said 2 "offensive" things about Beth (offensive to no one except Howard & Beth, mind you)... actually, the same thing twice, and it seems like Howard thinks this is justification to constantly beat up on Sal. Does Sal have a great marriage? No. But, does Howard? NO WAY, I don't care what he says. It would be nice if Sal was allowed to stand up for himself or if someone came in and defended Sal. Everyone just cowers in fear, and that will probably never change, unfortunately.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
There was an MTV Awards show Sunday night? Damn. Missed it. But who cares anyway? The Blackhawks are now one game away from winning the Stanley Cup for the first time since 1961.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
MTV blows (although I'm sort of amused by Jersey Shore)

A wise person once told me that the MTV Music Awards are designed for 13 year old cutters who long to have their voices heard someplace else other than their diaries...

I love how they create "awards" in desperate attempts to lure celebutards to attend the show.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
If I recall correctly, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Jack Black hosted one of those MTV award shows... I loved it... Then there was that great T.A.T.U. performance... Didn't catch this year's MTV movie awards but I intend to...

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
MTV blows (although I'm sort of amused by Jersey Shore)

A wise person once told me that the MTV Music Awards are designed for 13 year old cutters who long to have their voices heard someplace else other than their diaries...

I love how they create "awards" in desperate attempts to lure celebutards to attend the show.

hahah jersey shore is a guilty pleasure of mine as well.

check this out:

'Jersey Shore,' 'Celebrity Rehab' reality execs worried about STDs - NYPOST.com

and yes, the mtv awards are totally for young teens. i remember being in like 6th grade and asking my parents if i could stay up to watch them. it was a big deal at that age.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

True, the original MTV almost never (if ever) shows videos. However, some of the additional ones like MTV2, MTV Hits, and MTVU do show videos.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Surprise! MTV DOES show music videos, although it's mostly overnight and in the early morning hours.

However, it's worth mentioning that they altered their logo not too long ago by editing off the "Music Television" liner.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Surprise! MTV DOES show music videos, although it's mostly overnight and in the early morning hours.

However, it's worth mentioning that they altered their logo not too long ago by editing off the "Music Television" liner.

isnt there like an mtv3 or 4 that is all videos? i remember when mtv2 came out their logo was something like "all music all the time".