Music News

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
After years have gone by, I hardly listen to the radio anymore and I finally rediscovered music again. But currently, I'm stuck listening to my old music mainly in the 80's, 90's and a little bit of today. The reason why I used the term "Jurassic" music mainly because of the older stuff from the 60's and 70's and bands I am not a fan of.

So that is why I enjoy listening to my generation of music and can't hardly get into today's music anymore.

But it hurtful today when the new generation of people call my 80's music oldies. It a little over 30 years old and I'm close to my 40's.
For me, there's no difference between movies, TV, and music. You guys watch a lot of new movies and TV series, but you also watch a good deal of old stuff. I'm the same with music. On weekdays, both in the car and at work, I mostly listen to new music. When I'm with the wife on the weekends, or having people over, or having dinner, or relaxing, I mostly listen to older stuff. I can't imagine living without one or the other, but I recognize that a lot of people stop listening to new music when they hit adulthood. That's their preference.

Reactions: Wolf

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Some work environments are suited for cranking a community radio, like shipping and receiving, union facilities workers, construction sites, etc. But nowadays, the professional office cubicle setting is off limits.

The trend I see now with the gen X-ers (or whatever they're called), are the earbuds - everywhere, all the time. They wear them when you're talking to them (maybe they pull one out); they wear them going down the hallway; they wear them in the cafeteria; they wear them in the restroom. Sometimes I wonder wtf they're listening to, since they wouldn't get external reception, so it has to be just some big library of mp3 music, or maybe a downloaded audiobook.

I have a nice pair of Sennheisers that I use at my desk. They do the job.
I am not a generation with a cool nickname yet I usually have headphones on when I am on the train, or getting lunch. I have a ton of MP3s and playlists at my disposal. I don't have the data plan to support a lot of streaming.

Don't lump Wolfie in with us Gen X-ers. He's a Millennial
Don't insult Wolfie by calling him a Millennial.

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Don't lump Wolfie in with us Gen X-ers. He's a Millennial

Don't insult Wolfie by calling him a Millennial.

Actually I am a Gen-X, I missed the Millennials by a year.

New Guidelines Redefine Birth Years for Millennials, Gen-X, and 'Post-Millennials'

• The Silent Generation: Born 1928-1945 (73-90 years old)
  • Baby Boomers: Born 1946-1964 (54-72 years old)
  • Generation X: Born 1965-1980 (38-53 years old)
  • Millennials: Born 1981-1996 (22-37 years old)
  • Post-Millennials: Born 1997-Present (0-21 years old)
I have two words for the Millennials.

images

Last edited:
Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Ironically, I mistakenly said Gen-Xers when I meant Millenials. For many years, I'd automatically use Gen-X to refer to the younger generation. So you can disregard this whole conversation.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Ironically, I mistakenly said Gen-Xers when I meant Millenials. For many years, I'd automatically use Gen-X to refer to the younger generation. So you can disregard this whole conversation.

Nope we are only getting started. You are locked in the cage with me and the key is thrown away. :p J/K

This whole thread got derailed. Probably be easier to move on from it and use those threads you posted as the music news.

Casual Is A Fan
Jon's Favorite Songs
Dutch Delectables
Aaron's song of the day
SiriusXM Catch of the Day
Ssotd
Scotch Sampler
Wolf's: Favorite Songs

Last edited: