Music service choices

Discussion in 'MOG, Pandora, Spotify, Rdio' started by Aaron, Mar 6, 2013.

1. MikeJW

MikeJW Member

of all these services, i still to this day stick with MOG. i think it's the best out there. I use it on my PC, laptop, iPad 4, and my phone.
  2. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

I have used Pandora and Spoify but I always go back to Slacker.
  3. sjam613

sjam613 Member

Early on I have enjoyed the radio station aspect of Slacker and the ability to create related ones. Such as the Laurie Berkner/Blue's Clues/Wiggles channel I end up having to put on.
  4. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

[​IMG]

AM/FM? Mazda Say’s Aha!

The audio entertainment space is indeed getting interesting. Aha by HARMAN™ today announced that the new 2014 Mazda3, to be launched in North America and Europe this fall, will offer access to Aha’s free service with the ability to select presets from more than 40,000* audio and information stations.

Bluetooth connectivity with iPhone and Android phones to the car stero turns on something impressive. Essentially, software in the Aha app makes the user interface integral to the dashboard. Aha even offers personalized location-based stations from its library of entertainment stations. This gives Mazda drivers access to Aha’s location-based stations under a handy “Nearby†button. Mazda’s unique user interface allows control of the Aha stations through features such as a commander controller and a beautiful 7-inch center display. In the Mazda3. Aha is implemented as a third “band†after AM and FM, making it as safe and intuitive to use as a radio station.

“This offers drivers a new way to connect to the internet and adds a new dimension to the joy of driving. It’s going to make drivers want to get behind the wheel of the new Mazda3 at every opportunity, †said Ryuichi Umeshita, Deputy General Manager of Mazda’s Product Division. “Safety is always our main focus, and the user interface is both safe and intuitive to use. It’s a perfect match for the wide-range of functions Aha offers. I hope many drivers will give it a try. â€

“Aha helps the connected generation stay entertained and informed. Mazda understands that drivers want safe and simple access their favorite audio content in their cars, and Aha helps them to do this seamlessly,†said Robert Acker, Vice-President of Connectivity for Harman and GM of Aha by Harman. “Mazda3 drivers want to stay connected to the latest content even when they are on the go. Aha helps them to continue to enjoy a variety of global audio entertainment in the car with ease.â€
    It seems clear that Aha is going after a core demographic that includes younger divers that are more apt to deploy this type of vehicle connectivity. At the same time, by making the service easy and dashboard driven, Aha will attract an older user as well. The “Nearby†feature demonstrates the ability that streaming content can offer drivers. You may not be too familiar with Aha yet, but within the next 12 months you may find yourself sitting in a car and saying, “AHAâ€.
    Aha is working with more than 10 automotive manufacturers who, in total, represent more than 50 percent of all cars sold in the USA/Canada. By the end of 2013, Aha will be offered in over 40 models of vehicles including Acura, Chrysler, Ford, Honda, Mazda, Porsche, Scion and Subaru.

Couldn't resist

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914]a-ha - Take On Me (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]
  5. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I may re-up Slacker radio until iTunes Radio gets established. Maybe even keep it around at the $9.99 level for on-demand.

Slacker
    iTunes Radio
    Songza
  6. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I am so over Slacker! I mean really, they must have the dumbest people that got their licensing deal. If you stream slacker you'll get a very decent library. If you cache slacker you don't get the same level of music that you do vs streaming. This is due to their licensing.

The thing is at least with services like MOG, Rhapsody, Rdio and Spotify if it's in their library you can freaking cache it to your device because their licensing agreement allows it.

I've given Spotify another free 30 day trial.. many of the issue I had in the past with it are pretty much gone, still too much junk Karaoke crap in their library and MOG still wins hand down for my personal taste. Though MOG is sort of in limbo since being bought out by Beats. They are suppose to relaunch under the Beats brand any day now.

I also got another free trail to Rhapsody and I have to say this is probably one of the most improved services that I've used. Though still not enough to convince me to drop MOG at this point.

Right now if I was going to switch off MOG it would be to Spotify, but only because I can stream music from multiple devices, whereas Rhapsody requires you subscribe each device to even stream from it.

iTunes Radio is going to be okay for Apple iTunes fans and anyone that uses iOS7 or above on their iPhone will get it for free. It will be easy to use and many may not look much further. But its sorely lacking when you are use to having an all you can eat and cache music service like Spotify or MOG.
  7. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

I'm really digging Google Play Music All Access, and I got in during the trial period, so I am getting it for $7.99 going forward. It rules for metal, because two of the biggest indie metal labels dropped out of Spotify but are on GPMAA.
  8. Brad Bishop

Brad Bishop Member

Is that what was happening? I was liking Pandora more and more simply because of the selection.
  9. sjam613

sjam613 Member

I only stream Slacker and have been very happy with it. Did try cache once and agree it was subpar.
  10. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yes I have had many conversations with Slacker. As most know I was originally a huge fan. But the lack of selection on caching impacts the radio stations but totally kills the Premium on-demand service. Very subpar when compared with other music services.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  11. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Another service that if you stream works well but if you cache is subpar. I also find their library overall very lacking. I like old classic rock and pop. Lots of missing artist and songs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  12. SIRIUSaboutXM

13. SIRIUSaboutXM

Nevermind- you have to subscribe to a TV service that has Music Choice to use this app :thumbsdown:
  14. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

+1 for Pandora.

Slacker is a close 2nd.
  15. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Zune (or xbox music) was what I loved since it had the bands I like, but spotify still is the only one that has all the pop punk and indie bands I like still.