MySXM (My Control) *Personalized Streaming* for SiriusXM

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Come on guys, give us some screenshots, opinions or something! Everyone's been begging for this for 2 months and now that it's here, this thread went silent :bitingnails:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Reinstalled.

I never figured out how to take screenshots off my Razr.
But the cool thing I see right off the bat, is that it remembers my personalized settings from the web version and automatically loads them in the Droid version.

And how the hell did Droid get something before Apple? The earth just shifted off it's axis a little bit......

I'll load it on my tablet next and see if I can post a screenshot.

Last edited:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Reinstalled.

I never figured out how to take screenshots off my Razr.
But the cool thing I see right off the bat, is that it remembers my personalized settings from the web version and automatically loads them in the Droid version.

And how the hell did Droid get something before Apple? The earth just shifted off it's axis a little bit......

I'll load it on my tablet next and see if I can post a screenshot.
On your phone, try holding down the volume down button and tap the power button

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
OK, has anyone brought-up the fact that selecting the MySXM option for a channel has one going in blind? In other words, one loses the feature that allows you to see what's playing on a channel before selecting it. It's like the old game show Let's Make a Deal - "OK, Jim, you can stick with that Tom Petty song, or you can go with what's behind the curtain". It might be a deep Steely Dan classic (cool!), or it could be one of those godawful Lyle Lovett tunes!

With the additional annoyance that it takes about 5 seconds to start playing the mystery MySXM song, it becomes much more of a gamble than just sticking to the songs that are being shown on the display.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
OK, has anyone brought-up the fact that selecting the MySXM option for a channel has one going in blind? In other words, one loses the feature that allows you to see what's playing on a channel before selecting it. It's like the old game show Let's Make a Deal - "OK, Jim, you can stick with that Tom Petty song, or you can go with what's behind the curtain". It might be a deep Steely Dan classic (cool!), or it could be one of those godawful Lyle Lovett tunes!

With the additional annoyance that it takes about 5 seconds to start playing the mystery MySXM song, it becomes much more of a gamble than just sticking to the songs that are being shown on the display.

Good to see some feedback...

It's been too quiet in here since the Android release.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Good to see some feedback...

It's been too quiet in here since the Android release.
Awful quiet in the music forums, too- I put a lot of time into it to no avail :bluemad:

scotchandcigar be aware the MySXM service is totally separate from the live feed.

sjam613

Oct 5, 2012
New Milford, CT
At least in the browser side (damn iOS) I haven't used it much. I prefer seeing my favorite channels and switching around when I see a song I like.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

You are correct sir. I get why they don't have the preview for each of our customized channels. Buffering all of those channels could be a big data hog.

It's the 5 or 6 second delay between picking the MySXM and it starting that I hope they can improve on.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
The app remembered my settings from the web, but how do I get to where I can change them?

Also, this badly needs a like/dislike function. I really want to have a way to ban George Thorogood from Classic Rewind.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
The app remembered my settings from the web, but how do I get to where I can change them?

Also, this badly needs a like/dislike function. I really want to have a way to ban George Thorogood from Classic Rewind.

Select the icon just to the left of the MyControl icon... the four white boxes icon.
The first option in there is Customize.

I agree about like/dislike!

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
Still hoping for a MySXM setting for Radio Classics between (Comedy, SCIFI, drama, crime, etc...)- sending an email to Greg Bell to suggest.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Select the icon just to the left of the MyControl icon... the four white boxes icon.
The first option in there is Customize.

I agree about like/dislike!
Yes, that's a somewhat mysterious icon- It's called the Action Menu- "the four squares in a square" as I call them.

SXM's explanation: https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4203

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

I'd get rid of Van Halen (most) and Genesis.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

Agreed, but I'd ban Morrissey if given the option.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

If you have fat fingers, you can also long-press the channel logo at the top left of the screen.

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
For Me U2 would get the axe on 1st Wave and also would like to see possible option to play only 1 hit wonders- (Probably won't happen, but a nice wish anyway) :D