MySXM settings list

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I understand that this MyControl is in beta... But did you guys gain access somehow? Where are you getting these settings? :confused:

------------

Nevermind, I got it figured out...... Carry on :)

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
SiriusXMU_MyControl_Custom_Channel.jpg
MyControl from XMU yesterday.
They played YACHT. Way cool.
You never get to hear YACHT. Getting access to some of the deeper tracks that SXM has on their servers is killer.
This was just off of the normal depth setting. I'm going to go for full depth next.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ipqEk3ZPY]Yacht - Psychic City - YouTube[/ame]

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
View attachment 899
MyControl from XMU yesterday.
They played YACHT. Way cool.
You never get to hear YACHT. Getting access to some of the deeper tracks that SXM has on their servers is killer.
This was just off of the normal depth setting. I'm going to go for full depth next.

Yacht - Psychic City - YouTube
Not to sound like a jerk, but that's the whole point of XMU, always has been. It's the cutting edge of new music, plus the classics of indie. It's been my top station for years. It's the answer to the question, "how do you find out about new music?"

I actually wouldn't want to customize it, because I want to hear it the way Jake Fogelnest intended.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Not to sound like a jerk, but that's the whole point of XMU, always has been. It's the cutting edge of new music, plus the classics of indie. It's been my top station for years. It's the answer to the question, "how do you find out about new music?"

I actually wouldn't want to customize it, because I want to hear it the way Jake Fogelnest intended.
Wow. What a jerk........ I Kid. I Kid!:jj:

Actually, I'm picking up what you're putting down. I'm just having a lot of fun hearing things differently than usual. If a channel is already just how you like it, you don't need to touch the MyControl and can leave it all up to Jake.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I'm not advocating against customizing channels - that's personal preference, and I'm glad SXM is offering it - I was just making the point that Sirius XMU is a good channel.
And I appreciate that it's a channel which gets programming input from people who are on the cutting edge of what's "next" in new music. It's amazing how much of the stuff they play on XMU shows up 6 months later in TV commercials or mainstream radio as the "new thing".

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm not advocating against customizing channels - that's personal preference, and I'm glad SXM is offering it - I was just making the point that Sirius XMU is a good channel.
And I appreciate that it's a channel which gets programming input from people who are on the cutting edge of what's "next" in new music. It's amazing how much of the stuff they play on XMU shows up 6 months later in TV commercials or mainstream radio as the "new thing".
I'm with you. I was just messing with you a bit.

What you describe is why it's one of my go-to presets. It really is a good station.
:bigthumbup:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I went through and updated the lists of MySXM custom station settings.

Look for the edit comments in the posts above: Updated Settings in Italics

Updated stations:
Deep Tracks
Lithium
Ozzy's Boneyard
Faction
90's on 9
The Blend
SiriusXM Love
Willie's Roadhouse
Hip-Hop Nation

As they continue to move forward through beta testing and (hopefully soon) into the full version, we'll try to keep up to date with channel changes and new customizable channels.

squigy0

Oct 14, 2008
Baltimore, MD
squigy0.ch00ns.com
Even though Radio Classics is not music related- it would be pretty easy to customize based on types of programs: Drama, variey, Sci-fi, Comedy, Adventure, etc-- Just a thought..
I submitted feedback to SXM about doing the same thing with the Opie & Anthony Channel. Sliders could be adjusted to play a Worst Of rotation like:
WAAF ~~~ Sirius XM
Short bits ~~~ Long bits
Just O&A ~~~ More friends of the show

I also suggested, and this probably will be key for any talk channels they do this with, being able to expand out into more sets of sliders so you could specify how much Ron & Fez you want, how much Saturday Night Virus, etc

Huge thanks to TSSTAYLOR for breaking out the list for all of us!

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
If the settings existed for Carlin's Corner... :rofl:

I wonder what they'd be.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I almost fell asleep just setting my sliders! Ah, Audio Visions are dancing in my head...
Where the heck was less voice 3-4 years ago? I remember complaining that there was getting to be too much voice! In the setting I needed spa-type music for, I actually switched to RadioIO to get away from the voice!

Too bad this is internet only. No voice on satellite would be fantastic.