Neigh doesn't want to start a negative thread so I'll start it for him...

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
Maybe he's turning over a new leaf? Nah, what was I thinking?

Go ahead Neigh, bitch away...

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Actually Shuli was in for the whole show. I think he did OK and didn't over do it. Not sure why he was in. Maybe Benji was late again? Hopefully they'll say on TWUS.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I listened up until the first break and thought he added a great "something" to the show.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Please please... somebody help me (sob sob) I'm a real person... Don't let this become a positive Shuli thread! I guess by this time you can't blame Shuli for trying to control a bit but he is just not funny... He's paid his dues I suppose... but he does not have Howard's delivery...He does not have Howard's sense of humor... He does not have Howard's brains... And when someone crosses him he gets real ugly... Dontcha think that this morning was a kind of formulaic opening...? Along the lines of let's get Shuli in here to report on JD and then we goof on JD for as long as we can stretch it out...like we have 100 times before..... . This is not how to start a Monday morning when you (Howard) are doing only 2 or 3 shows a week...

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I did think shuli was in as a sort of easy way to talk about the block party, JD, ronnie, etc.

I didn't hate shuli sitting in so far, and I'm up to the end of the high pitch segment. I am surprised Howard opted to have anyone sit in at all.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I did think shuli was in as a sort of easy way to talk about the block party, JD, ronnie, etc.

I didn't hate shuli sitting in so far, and I'm up to the end of the high pitch segment. I am surprised Howard opted to have anyone sit in at all.

This is howard "revolutionizing" the show. Clearly this came from him leading a brilliant "Thursday Show Meeting where they all brainstorm great ideas.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Probably months of badgering from shuli and others that another voice in the show wouldn't hurt. Shuli has 'paid his dues' neigh said, and Howard probably threw him a bone. It is great to have another purely comedic voice on the show, along the lines of artie, etc. I did find the Cyndi lauper interview boring. I fast forwarded after about 20 minutes.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Tuned into either H100 or H101 and Cyndi Lauper was the guest. AGAIN? Tuned right out.

I tuned in for a few mins. on the other channel and TWUS was on. They were discussing the weighing of High Pitch Eric, I think? And were all stunned he was 344 lbs. (or whatever the number was). I switched over to Octane for the rest of the drive. I'm just over the whole weighing of HPE and then how everyone is then incredulous to the fact that he is really fat. Especially when 90% of the Stern staff is similarly obese.

Hey, you're a better man than I if you enjoyed that or Lauper, but it's just not what I was hoping for on a Monday morning. On a different note, I love the new songs from Papa Roach, Thousand Foot Krutch, and Gone For Days, and In This Moment.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Tuesday. Shuli from the start again. He presented recycled Sour Shoes information. Then he tried to rile up ETM and Ronnie by telling negative stories about them. Very forced. There were actual dead spots... Johnny Frado was called upon again to dump on the ungrateful ETM. Shuli all morning is like bringing a listener to sit in. He also fills the role of stuttering John tattling on the rest of the cast. Except Stuttering John did not "sit in". Guess Howard is saving money by putting Shuli there.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I think it's great having Shuli on the show. I hope they keep him in there.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Its something different I don't mind it. He's not chiming in too much which is good.

If that's his role, not to chime in too much, let fucking Gary do it... a more familiar and more likeable underling. Remember when Howard was trying out commedians for the Jackie Chair? They were not underlings... they had some status which is important when you are sidekicking Howard... They had some personality..and were often funny. They were better at getting Robin involved because she had some respect for them. They were above creating a phony dispute with the likes of Ronnie.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
It's amazing how you can hate somebody so much when you simply listen to them over the radio.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I'm still on 9/18, but shuli seems logical to sit in. They need a third voice. ESP with robin not in studio. And he cost nothing since he's already on the payroll.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
It's amazing how you can hate somebody so much when you simply listen to them over the radio.

If you're talking about me, I don't hate Shuli. I don't know him (he does get abusively ugly when someone criticizes him). Nothing personal. I am just not entertained by him. My disdain is for what he does to the show. He flattens it out. He brings it down. I fear he is going to make a bad situation worse... ie.. a lazy Howard will let him start the day telling the same old shit about Ronnie (bad temper, crude, creepy), JD (loser, inarticulate, misses out on sex opportunities), ETM (ungrateful, demanding, midget), Scott (loser, not a team player) etc etc... This morning (at least until Sour Shoes showed up) was deadly... For the first time I am starting to consider whether or not Howard is trying lower the quality of the show to get back at Sirius... I will hate it if Shuli becomes Howard's sidekick.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
If you don't want staff banter then what do you consider to be good parts of the show? I listened to the first two hours (I think two hours anyway) and thought they were great.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
If you don't want staff banter then what do you consider to be good parts of the show? I listened to the first two hours (I think two hours anyway) and thought they were great.

So did I. Right up until the guest came in and I tuned out for that and came back in when he was gone and the rest of the show was good.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I like Howard, Robin and Fred banter. I love it when they get right into a discussion of events, or movies or TV or just about anything (except for his bitter self-pity for what the evil Sirius has done to him). I do not like it when Howard starts off with the same old JD banter, the same old Ronnie banter, the same old Scott banter... unless something of note has happened... What a poor substitute for Artie... who was a true genius... I don't think today's JD, Ronnie, EMC stuff was great.. None of the targets was really showing any interest... Poor Ronnie had to make an effort to get angry... Seemed like lowest common denominator stuff...

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Tuned in during the perez interview. After that, the segment leading up to the news, with sour and hanzi and impressions was great. Shuli pipes in randomly to say little jabs or something 'funny', and I am okay with it. I understand neigh's disdain for him though.