New Car with SiriusXM

Discussion in 'XM Radios' started by kc1ih, Sep 16, 2012.

1. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

I’m currently driving a car with Sirius on an aftermarket (Kenwood) receiver, but am looking into purchasing a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT, which has “SiriusXM Radio†built in. So, does this mean that once the free trial is up, I can subscribe to either service?

Thanks for your help.

Larry
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

The SXM in the new car will be a separate subscription from your Sirius account. How are you paying for your Sirius subscription? Monthly? Lifetime?
  3. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

The radio will either be a Sirius or XM radio. I believe Hyundai puts in XM units. So, if you want Stern and NFL, you'll have to buy up to that package since they're not included in the basic XM sub.
  4. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

I have rented Elantra's on several occasions and the ride was enjoyable. Yes, they had XM unit's with the blue background.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

;)
    ftfy
  6. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Good one Hectic

I'll tell you with my new 2.0 tuner car stereo, I'm enjoying so much, I'm driving home at the speed of a buggy. I actually like driving again.
  7. TSS Pete

TSS Pete New Member

Radios branded as "SiriusXM" radios, will require an XM subscription.
  8. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

So, no CBC Radio One on 159. Darn!!!!
  9. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

That may come. Sirius & XM are merged in Canada too. As soon as SXM allows them to combine their channels and do a re-allignment, I am sure it will happen.