New channel: Pearl Jam Radio

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Celebrate Pearl Jam’s 20th anniversary on Pearl Jam Radio, a new, exclusive channel featuring archival concerts, rarities, unreleased material, interviews and more. The channel will launch on Friday, October 22 at 6 pm ET with a special airing of Pearl Jam’s 10th anniversary concert recorded on October 22, 2000, in Las Vegas. Plus, the launch day special will showcase rarely heard highlights from the band’s very first performance on October 22, 1990 at Off Ramp in Seattle.

Pearl Jam Radio will also feature archival concerts from Pearl Jam’s celebrated career, plus unreleased material from the group’s personal music library and side projects, including solo and pre-Pearl Jam music. Additionally, listeners will be invited to participate in the weekly interactive show The All Encompassing Trip, a fan roundtable hosted by Tim Bierman, manager of Pearl Jam’s official fan club, Ten Club, and longtime Pearl Jam enthusiast and radio veteran Rob Bleetstein.

As of 10/22 at 6 pm ET, Pearl Jam Radio can be heard:
• On your radio at SIRIUS Ch. 17 and XM Ch. 39
• Online at SIR Ch. 813 and XMRO Ch. 92

Jam_ON moves to:
• On your radio at SIRIUS Ch. 81 and XM Ch. 56
• Online at SIR Ch. 17 and XMRO Ch. 56

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
They don't say for how long... scary.

And Jam_On will move to The Strobe's place on the dial?!? It's amazing how they don't mind alienating listeners from time to time.

Additionally, listeners will be invited to participate in the weekly interactive show The All Encompassing Trip
Yeah, this might be on for a while... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
They don't say for how long... scary.

And Jam_On will move to The Strobe's place on the dial?!? It's amazing how they don't mind alienating listeners from time to time.

Yeah, this might be on for a while... :rolleyes:
Yes, people looking at the channel name "Cinemagic" will become confused.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
As of 10/22 at 6 pm ET, Pearl Jam Radio can be heard:
• On your radio at SIRIUS Ch. 17 and XM Ch. 39
• Online at SIR Ch. 813 and XMRO Ch. 92

Jam_ON moves to:
• On your radio at SIRIUS Ch. 81 and XM Ch. 56
• Online at SIR Ch. 17 and XMRO Ch. 56

That is going to cause issues for a lot of people, especially since Sirius refuses to update their channel listings.

Remember when radios said Planet Jazz, but were playing other music? This is an exact repeat of that.

Not that they'll listen, but is it time to organize a mass phone-in/write-in?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
That is going to cause issues for a lot of people, especially since Sirius refuses to update their channel listings.

Remember when radios said Planet Jazz, but were playing other music? This is an exact repeat of that.

Not that they'll listen, but is it time to organize a mass phone-in/write-in?
Yes. Now will those Cinemagic listeners will be even more confused.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I like Pearl Jam.

I say "yea" as I change to channel 17 for a while.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
While I like Pearl Jam, they should have just done a complete takeover of Lithium this weekend, and just really "upped" the amount of Pearl Jam until whenever they decide to end it.

I do feel compassion for the people who want the "stuff you can't get elsewhere."

Stream_ON is screwed. Pearl Jam Radio is on Music Showcase, under the Rock category. Jam_ON is still located at 17 on the control panel, but the PDT says Pearl Jam's information. However, The Strobe seems to be still playing music at channel 81. ...actually, that seems fairly nice. If they could just change the PDT on channel 17, it would be almost as if nothing happened.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I listened to the first few minutes. It sounds like they want it to stay around for a while.

They will play full concerts every day.

Oy.

Maybe if we're lucky they will play less PJ on Lithium.

hornet130

Nov 8, 2008
Limited?

I could have sworn that Saturday, Christine Stone on the Spectrum said it would be on until November 5th? That was the first time I've ever heard an end date associated with the channel. Could also just be that she had no idea what she was talking about.

Reactions: Aaron

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
What happen to using the Limited Engagement Channel for this stuff rather than removing and moving around channels? It is clear to me that Sirius still doesn't get this concept of how they alienate subscribers with this BS.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
What happen to using the Limited Engagement Channel for this stuff rather than removing and moving around channels? It is clear to me that Sirius still doesn't get this concept of how they alienate subscribers with this BS.
You assume that the engadgement is limited.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
You assume that the engadgement is limited.
No assumption whatsoever, we are talking about Sirius XM, have you lost your mind? It seems they have used the limited engagement channel on XM, but it will likely now become a permanent channel. I am booking by the end of the day my channel icon will be changed from limited engagement to a Pearl Jam Logo! LOL

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
No assumption whatsoever, we are talking about Sirius XM, have you lost your mind? It seems they have used the limited engagement channel on XM, but it will likely now become a permanent channel. I am booking by the end of the day my channel icon will be changed from limited engagement to a Pearl Jam Logo! LOL
There has been no mention anywhere that this is limited engagement. Only a start date. This is another E-Street Radio.