New channel: Pearl Jam Radio

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
This sounds cool. So many songs that never get played.
Looking forward to hearing Lightning Bolt. The first track was good.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
So here's the premise of this- PJ's 10th album will be released in 10 days so they're highlighting all 10 albums for the next 10 days and I'm posting this in the 10th hour of today and Todays Album of the day is called "Ten"

220px-PearlJam-Ten2.jpg

1. "Once" - Stone Gossard 3:51
2. "Even Flow" - Gossard 4:53
3. "Alive" - Gossard 5:40
4. "Why Go" - Jeff Ament 3:19
5. "Black" - Gossard 5:44
6. "Jeremy" - Ament 5:18
7. "Oceans" - Gossard, Ament, Vedder 2:41
8. "Porch" - Vedder 3:30
9. "Garden" - Gossard, Ament 4:59
10. "Deep" - Gossard, Ament 4:18
11. "Release" - Gossard, Ament, Dave Krusen, Mike McCready, Vedder 9:05

Total length:
53:24

Reactions: BlueEyed_Guy2719

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
So here's the premise of this- PJ's 10th album will be released in 10 days so they're highlighting all 10 albums for the next 10 days and I'm posting this in the 10th hour of today and Todays Album of the day is called "Ten"

220px-PearlJam-Ten2.jpg

1. "Once" - Stone Gossard 3:51
2. "Even Flow" - Gossard 4:53
3. "Alive" - Gossard 5:40
4. "Why Go" - Jeff Ament 3:19
5. "Black" - Gossard 5:44
6. "Jeremy" - Ament 5:18
7. "Oceans" - Gossard, Ament, Vedder 2:41
8. "Porch" - Vedder 3:30
9. "Garden" - Gossard, Ament 4:59
10. "Deep" - Gossard, Ament 4:18
11. "Release" - Gossard, Ament, Dave Krusen, Mike McCready, Vedder 9:05

Total length:
53:24

One of their best albums. (As an aside, their best song (IMHO) was Crazy Mary which I don't think made it to any of their own albums. Only on a Victoria Williams benefit album.)

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Today's feature album is their 2nd release: Vs.

220px-PearlJam-Vs.jpg

1. "Go" - Dave Abbruzzese 3:12
2. "Animal" - Stone Gossard 2:49
3. "Daughter" - Gossard 3:55
4. "Glorified G" - Gossard, Mike McCready 3:26
5. "Dissident" - Gossard, McCready, Jeff Ament 3:35
6. "W.M.A." - Abbruzzese, Ament 5:59
7. "Blood" - Gossard, McCready 2:50
8. "Rearviewmirror" - Vedder 4:44
9. "Rats" - Ament 4:15
10. "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town" - Vedder 3:15
11. "Leash" - Gossard, McCready 3:09
12. "Indifference" - Ament, Gossard 5:02

Total length: 46:11

Vs. is the second studio album by the American rock band Pearl Jam, released on October 19, 1993 through Epic Records. After a relentless touring schedule in support of their 1991 debut album Ten, Pearl Jam headed into the studio in early 1993 facing the challenge of following up the commercial success of its debut. The resulting album, Vs., featured a rawer and more aggressive sound compared with the band's previous release. It was the band's first collaboration with producer Brendan O'Brien.

Pearl Jam decided to scale back its commercial efforts for Vs., including declining to produce music videos for any of the album’s singles. Upon its release, Vs. set the record for most copies of an album sold in its first week, a record it held for five years. Selling 1,300,000 copies in its first ten days of release, it entered the record books; Vs. established Pearl Jam as one of the biggest bands the world would see. Vs. occupied the number one spot on the Billboard 200 chart for five weeks, the longest duration for a Pearl Jam album. The album has been certified seven times platinum by the RIAA in the United States.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Really a good week to spend a little time on this channel!

Sorry, forgot to post yesterday's- it was Vitalogy

Today's On the Ultimate Album Guide:

No Code

220px-PearlJam-NoCode.jpg

1. Sometimes
2. Hail, Hail
3. Who You Are
4. In My Tree
5. Smile
6. Off He Goes
7. Habit
8. Red Mosquito
9. Lukin
10. Present Tense
11. Mankind
12. I'm Open
13. Around the Bend

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Featured album of the day:

220px-Pearl_Jam_Lightning_Bolt.jpg

01. Getaway
02. Mind Your Manners
03. My Father's Son
04. Sirens
05. Lightning Bolt
06. Infallible
07. Pendulum
08. Swallowed Whole
09. Let the Records Play
10. Sleeping By Myself
11. Yellow Moon
12. Future Days

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Just switched over. Habit is on now.

I'll have to keep listening for more new stuff.

Thanks for the reminders, as always. :buttrock:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Just switched over. Habit is on now.

I'll have to keep listening for more new stuff.

Thanks for the reminders, as always. :buttrock:
Your'e welcome Dood- probably last time I'll listen for a while. Spent a lot of time on this channel last 10 days or so during this very cool Ultimate Album Guide :bigclap: check your pm

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
They went to a concert after an hour or so and I bailed. I'll try to check in again layer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
220px-Pearl_Jam_Lightning_Bolt.jpg

SiriusXM Listeners Can Feel the Electricity with Exclusive Access to Concert Premieres from Pearl Jam's Current "Lightning Bolt" Tour

Concerts to air on the band's SiriusXM channel Pearl Jam Radio

SiriusXM announced today that concerts from Pearl Jam's current "Lightning Bolt Tour" will premiere exclusively on its Pearl Jam Radio channel.

The first show from the tour, which took place in Pittsburgh, PA on October 11, will air on Friday, November 15 at 6:00 pm ET on Pearl Jam Radio, via satellite on channel 22, and through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com.

The band's Pearl Jam Radio channel will premiere a different show from the tour each Friday at 6:00 pm ET. The concerts will be rebroadcast on Saturdays at 7:00 pm ET and Sundays at 2:00 pm ET.

The band recently sat down with Brendan O'Brien, who produced their most recent album, Lightning Bolt, for SiriusXM's "Town Hall" series. SiriusXM's Town Hall specials are intimate gatherings with iconic musicians, entertainers and figures and a studio audience of SiriusXM listeners.

Pearl Jam Radio features archival concerts from throughout the band's celebrated 20-year career, rarities, unreleased material from the band's personal music library and music from the band's side projects, including solo and pre-Pearl Jam music.

For more information on Pearl Jam, please visit Pearl Jam Home.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Just received this alert:

Each week, concerts from Pearl Jam's current "Lightning Bolt" tour will premiere exclusively on SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio, channel 22!

Hear the first show of the tour, recorded October 11 in Pittsburgh, TODAY (Friday, November 15) at 6pm ET. Pearl Jam Radio will air a different show from the tour every Friday at 6pm ET, with rebroadcasts on Saturdays at 7pm ET and Sundays at 2pm ET.

For more information on Pearl Jam, visit www.pearljam.com.

Thank you for being a loyal SiriusXM listener!

Get breaking info about new SiriusXM shows, Inside Our Studios video and exclusive access to live events that fit your taste.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
That's pretty crazy airing shows from the current tour.

This show is from October. Next Friday is the second show from the next night of the tour.

A lot of us wish they'd air the shows live on Sirius. I see no harm, especially if the show is sold out...doesn't one of the other SACs do this already?

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
In honor of Eddie Vedder’s anticipated solo album, Earthling, and recently launched tour of the same name, Pearl Jam Radio (Ch. 22) will be walking fans through the album and airing an exclusive concert recording from New York City starting on February 11.

Earthling’ Track By Track​

This Friday, February 11, Vedder’s album — boasting a stacked lineup of collaborators including Elton John, Stevie Wonder and Ringo Starr, among others — will finally hit shelves and streaming services, but the best place to hear it is on Pearl Jam Radio. Aside from introducing songs from the record, fans can hear an in-depth journey through every song on the record with insights from music journalists Jessica Letkemann and Jonathan Cohen and host Rob Bleetstein. Catch the special during the times below.

February 11 at 10am ET

February 12 at 12pm ET

February 13 at 6pm ET

February 14 at 8am ET

February 15 at 6pm ET

February 16 at 12pm ET

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH

Eddie Vedder & The Earthlings: Live From The Beacon Theatre​

Last week, Eddie Vedder and his band The Earthlings kicked off Vedder’s first tour in two years in the city that never sleeps. In celebration, tune in to an exclusive broadcast of their sold-out February 4 show at the historic Beacon Theatre in NYC on February 11. During the show, The Earthlings — comprised of Chad Smith, Josh Klinghoffer, Chris Chaney, Glen Hansard and Andrew Watt — took the stage with Vedder for a set featuring all-new Earthling tracks and Pearl Jam favorites, as well as covers including R.E.M.’s “Drive,” George Harrison’s “Isn’t it a Pity,” Neil Young’s “Rockin’ in the Free World” and more, plus a deep-cut performance of Pearl Jam’s “Dirty Frank.” Relive the epic night at the times below.

February 11 at 6pm ET

February 12 at 12am and 8am ET

February 13 at 11am and 9pm ET

February 14 at 2pm ET

February 15 at 7am ET

February 16 at 12am and 7pm ET

Thursday 17 at 10am ET