New Channels On The App (feb 2019)

IndustrialH

"Not dead... just resting"
My app subscription was set to renew next month. I called SiriusXM and told them not to renew it.

It's not just because of the new channels, but the app really sucks. It's clunky and it's hard to find on demand content.
I have kept all access going for my girlfriend in the kitchen, the TTR1 works perfectly for her and since she can cook up a storm who am I to argue :) . As for the app - totally agree.

Reactions: semipenguin

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I like the wide array of selections for every category of music. One song after another without a "radio station voice" is a nice change of pace. SXM has achieved the Pandora effect in my ears. I listen for a few hours at a time and enjoy picking new channels and challenging my ears with alternative styles of music.

Reactions: HecticArt

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I like the wide array of selections for every category of music. One song after another without a "radio station voice" is a nice change of pace. SXM has achieved the Pandora effect in my ears. I listen for a few hours at a time and enjoy picking new channels and challenging my ears with alternative styles of music.

My point is that they had this before, but are pretending this is a whole new thing. This isn't customizable like Pandora is...it's not even close to MySXM.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I do miss MySXM, (and my Lynx) but these channels (the new 100+xtra) are nice lately. I've used them at work for a good mix up from the regular genres and the playlists are curated enough to make it enjoyable for everyone. the workout and 90's/2000s party stations were good background for everyone. I wish radios got more of these, but on the app its great, which is where most of my listening takes place these days anyways.
However, my internet is down right now and can only leech internet here and there until next week, which means I busted out the old stiletto and antenna and plugged that bad boy in again. Good old "offline" sat radio.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
They previewed the 70s 80s and 90s channel on channel 4 last week and it was pretty good. A bit rigid -- they did the decades in order and repeated -- but nice idea. And each decade could be any song -- pop, disco, rock, rap.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
They previewed the 70s 80s and 90s channel on channel 4 last week and it was pretty good. A bit rigid -- they did the decades in order and repeated -- but nice idea. And each decade could be any song -- pop, disco, rock, rap.

Could this be similar to Super Shuffle??

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Super shuffle!! Aww the good ol days. The wife took a 4 month sub for 2 bucks. I think she's locked in now. She discovered the 40's channel. haha

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
So Madison and Mrs. geosync like the '40s channel. I do too. It's fun to hear the music our parents and grandparents grew up with -- and it's also nice to hear songs where the vocals aren't X-rated and aren't buried beneath synthesizers and drum machines. Through the '40s channel I discovered the music of Ozzie Nelson. I bought several compilation CDs of his music. He had a really good band. Ozzie wound up marrying one of his vocalists, Harriet Hilliard. The Adventures Of Ozzie & Harriet ran on radio from 1944 to 1954 and on television from 1952 to 1966.

I just posted the channel's playlist. Go look!

'40s Junction Playlist

IndustrialH

My TTR1 is starting to close streams after a period of around one hour on any channel, only started a couple of days ago. I changed the password to ensure my Android app wasn't having a life of its own but still happening this morning... also noticed that Spa is still Spa and not Calm. Power down and up and away it goes... tis annoying... anyone else having issues? It's on a Canadian account.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I've been using the on-line web streaming for the last several weeks while I've been working from home and haven't had any problems.

IndustrialH

So....
View attachment 6206View attachment 6207
they're are in reverse ..oops.. but I powercycled at 12:27 and the service lasted till 13:18. Requires a power cycle to restart streaming - connects to WiFi ok. Going to give it a static IP see if that helps.
Tried everything short of putting it back in the box and starting over... full reset etc etc.. chatted with SXM Canada .. when I said it was not the app or online but a TTR1 ... there was a very long pause ... they reset the streaming account ... no change ... and now starting this morning the track data is way off on all channels .... right now Artie Shaw is playing and and it say Bobby Sherwood .. so somethings up. At least it hasn't caught fire :)

Reactions: HecticArt