New Edmonton arena

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Phoenix is there at the subsidies of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadians, Boston Bruins, Philledalphia Flyers and other profitable clubs who funnel money into the NHL to run your club. Your ownership failed. But your team is Betman's wet dream and rather than have it moved to Hamilton or fold he took ownership of it. Now it is a 100% subsidy/tax on successful clubs since nobody with an ounce of business sense wants it if they can't move it. Your team is a perfect illistration of what PhillyFan's point was.

Nothing personal but Arizona cannot support a team. It has proven this.

The past ownership might have failed, but now the Coyotes are a contender even if they weren't own by the NHL. PhillyFan wasn't the point and so is you're, there has NOT been one major Phoenix team closed shop and moved town yet. Phoenix and the rest of Arizona can support a team, that why we are one of the few cities with all 4 major sport teams and I been hearing Phoenix is trying to land a MLS team now, so seems like the teams keep on coming.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The past ownership might have failed, but now the Coyotes are a contender even if they weren't own by the NHL. PhillyFan wasn't the point and so is you're, there has NOT been one major Phoenix team closed shop and moved town yet. Phoenix and the rest of Arizona can support a team, that why we are one of the few cities with all 4 major sport teams and I been hearing Phoenix is trying to land a MLS team now, so seems like the teams keep on coming.

When you have a self-sustaining team -- not owned by the league they run in -- and are not asking for subsidies to keep the team there, we will talk. You were competitive last year so there may be a few extra seats sold. Lets see how you do when you play like the Leafs for a couple of years.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
When you have a self-sustaining team -- not owned by the league they run in -- and are not asking for subsidies to keep the team there, we will talk. You were competitive last year so there may be a few extra seats sold. Lets see how you do when you play like the Leafs for a couple of years.

It seemed like the past couple of years the Coyotes has beating the Leafs.

FlyersFan76

Nov 28, 2011
Outstanding contenders. No one is arguing about the southern teams being competitive or not. We are talking about how well they can do on the business end of it. And the whether or not Jamison can afford the team or not doesn't matter. The league has proven that they can not do due diligence on an individual anyway. Matt Hulsizer (sp?) was getting the team for basically free. And of course the forever black eye of Boots. Yeah he had ties to the Sharks and loved to play golf with Mario so he just floated by that process. Anytime Bettman mentions due diligence it just makes me laugh.

And again teams need to fill the seats win or loose. With 30 teams not all are going to win. What does the league want or think is going to happen? The Canadiens, Leafs, Flyers, Rangers are going to just loose since they make money anyway just so that the welfare teams could have a winning record to put butts in the seats? And the cost of airfare out of Canada is certainly helping those southern teams but the league spins that news to fit there stats.

2011-2012 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN

Just sayin.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Oh ouch, attacking the Coyotes again. Trying to provide no one attends the game. :rolleyes:

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Why does the league have to expand?:scratch: And if it did I can think of a lot of places it could expand before Houston.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
With having the pleasure of enjoying a Canadian winter I noticed the covered concourse from the arena to a mall/parking area that made a lot of sense. With the talent of the 80's teams the project would be a 24/7 operation. The current squad is building, attendance will always be 100% in the 88% hockey (CFL Eskimos 12 titles) town.

I guess plank owners aren't ready to abandon the memories of Rexall Place. It is the third oldest NHL venue with a 1974 opening.

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
And the arena will have a name

rogers-place.jpg