New HTV subscriber

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I've been avoiding an HTV subscription since I never really watched the E! show. They focused too much on the skanks that come on the show. However, the "Beat the Booey" show finally got me to sign up. So far, it's really cool! I don't know if it's necessarily worth $14 a month, but I do find myself enjoying the programming. It's great for those times when nothing else is on TV. I hope that they keep "Beat the Booey" or come up with other HS trivia shows. I could watch that shit all day long...

On the downside, the COX interface can be painfully slow at times. I have to time and count my button presses to try and get it to land on the correct option.

I don't know if I'll end up keeping it for more than a few months, but I was surprised by how much I enjoy it. If they'd price it at around 5-7 bucks a month I'd probably have signed up a long time ago.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I tried to sign up while I was in Houston but Comcast (the a-holes that they are) wanted to revoke all my discounts ($100 cable/internet package) in order to add it, meaning I would have paid about $150/month instead. I might do it when I move this next time, if I can.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I've always loved Howard TV especially for convenience. I mean if I miss a good Stern show guest it's kinda cool to catch up by watching them too.

I'm in the background of the Wackpack Bowling Episode 3. I'm in the corner. Look for a smiling bald dude :D

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I've always loved Howard TV especially for convenience. I mean if I miss a good Stern show guest it's kinda cool to catch up by watching them too.

I'm in the background of the Wackpack Bowling Episode 3. I'm in the corner. Look for a smiling bald dude :D

I think you had some hair when I saw you in Houston. Did you shave or just lose it real fast?

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California

Hah! I'll have to take a look for you when I get home.

I think my wife actually digs it too. She doesnt' say it outright, but I do find her suggesting "why don't you watch Howard TV?" when we're sitting around and nothing is on. And she totally shocked me when she gave a correct answer to one of the Beat the Booey questions.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I've had a shaved head since 2002.

Really??? Damn, boy- you must have some dark roots!!! That, or I was drunk as hell (don't answer that). I remember you as "balding", but not "bald". I actually remember you more with SpiceBoy type power alleys, much like my own. Perhaps my beer goggles were running hard in the wrong direction.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I had it for while, until Comcast Figured out that people were getting it for free...I have directv now...

So cool to have you here Stew. Show the wife the site next time :)
Hah! I'll have to take a look for you when I get home.

I think my wife actually digs it too. She doesnt' say it outright, but I do find her suggesting "why don't you watch Howard TV?" when we're sitting around and nothing is on. And she totally shocked me when she gave a correct answer to one of the Beat the Booey questions.

That's a keeper. She needs a female friend who also likes the show. I don't get why it's so taboo for women to like the Howard Stern Show. We meet so many female customers that can't live without it.

Really??? Damn, boy- you must have some dark roots!!! That, or I was drunk as hell (don't answer that). I remember you as "balding", but not "bald". I actually remember you more with SpiceBoy type power alleys, much like my own. Perhaps my beer goggles were running hard in the wrong direction.

I could call them power alleys, but they are a bit too far for that.

Stew

Oct 11, 2008
West Palm Beach
How were peeps getting it for free?

no idea, one day i was checking the channels and HTV was working, I mentioned it one of my friends and he said he was getting it too, I told no one else so as not to jynx it, it worked for quite a while, then a few months ago, i checked and it said to sign up for HTV please call Comcast, so I down graded from Digital Cable and got Directv. HTV was great, but i could not justify keeping digital cable just for that, since Directv offers more HD channels

Stew

Oct 11, 2008
West Palm Beach
So cool to have you here Stew. Show the wife the site next time :)

thanks Taylor...
bigthumbup.gif

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
I have HTV and some of it is good but I don't really like their original programming. It doesn't look like professionals put it together, to me. Comcast seems to update slower than they did a year ago but it may just be my imagination. It just seems like I have a 2-3 day lag instead of 24 hours. I really only watch the daily show recaps. I did take a gander at the first Ronie show and I was greatly dissapointed.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I have HTV and some of it is good but I don't really like their original programming. It doesn't look like professionals put it together, to me. Comcast seems to update slower than they did a year ago but it may just be my imagination. It just seems like I have a 2-3 day lag instead of 24 hours. I really only watch the daily show recaps. I did take a gander at the first Ronie show and I was greatly dissapointed.

Check out Beat the Booey, it's a ton of fun!

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I use to be a HTV subscriber for about a month. I enjoy some stuff in the beginning and then some shows were starting to get way to gay for me! So I unsubscribe, sometimes I think about joining again. But my cable bill already high enough for me.