New Online Player Released

Discussion in 'SiriusXM 2.0' started by Satradiodude, May 6, 2018.

1. IndustrialH

IndustrialH "So much music .... so little time..."

I agree - I have the Onyx and it's boombox, the only reason the living room has a TTR1 is the window faces the wrong way. I finally lashed out and activated the Tivoli for beside the bed and wish I had done it ages ago. I like my radio to be a radio :)

The negative I see with the app and internet is using the listening data to formulate channels and programming. The listening habits of actual radio listeners are really unknown. SiriusXM knows I listen to Bloomberg some mornings - courtesy of the TTR1, but have no idea what I listen to in the car on the way to work. It was Symphony Hall this morning, I felt like a change. But I digress :)

HecticArt likes this.
  2. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

I miss Stream_On.

That was a fun time in my life for many reasons, one being that I'd get home from work about 12:15 in time for the first Howard replay. During his first break, I think he'd play a news update before the actual commercials...anyway, once the actual commercials started, I'd play a particular song. When the song ended, I'd use the Stream_On volume slider to adjust the H100 volume back up...just in time for the break to be over.

Oh well...good things don't last. There was a time when I could turn on my TV about 6:14 and take it to 6:30 by watching weather and sports reports and have it be commercial-free by flipping broadcast channels.

However...knock on wood, but it seems like the timeout "feature" is either no longer a thing, or it's set really high. I was using the app the other day for...I don't know how long and it didn't time out.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018