New Sirius Music Lineup May 4th

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
This will be great if it’s true that “The Village” will finally be on Sirius. The folk music genre has been missing from Sirius ever since they killed “Folktown”, which I think was about five years ago. I used to listen to “The Village” on DirecTV when they carried XM, but I switched to Dish Network partially in order to get Sirius at home without having to get a second receiver.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
From another forum:

I got the following confirmations today:
The update will occur between 6am and noon on May 4.
Subscribers will receive an e-mail of the changes on April 25.
Channels will be added/deleted/moved on-line with this update.
Apparently the XM side has some "political" channels that will be making their way to the Sirius side. Also, the Catholic channel will be going online only. I asked about Pop2k and they didn't say. They were very "general" with any information and I spoke to three different representatives.
All channels will be synchronized with this update.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Then it affects the talk channels too, right? This could be the biggest update in the history of Sirius and XM by far. I'd like to see The Virus, the two Howard channels, Stars Too and Playboy side-by-side. They could also "block" the women's channels as well in the larger "talk" category.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
From another forum:

I got the following confirmations today:
The update will occur between 6am and noon on May 4.
Subscribers will receive an e-mail of the changes on April 25.
Channels will be added/deleted/moved on-line with this update.
Apparently the XM side has some "political" channels that will be making their way to the Sirius side. Also, the Catholic channel will be going online only. I asked about Pop2k and they didn't say. They were very "general" with any information and I spoke to three different representatives.
Also, it appears those long awaited by nobody special interest channels are coming. Probably the same time.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Also, it appears those long awaited by nobody special interest channels are coming. Probably the same time.
Oprah cares about them. She can now say that she isn't the least listened-to channel.

Thankfully, these channels are easily blockable. :)

jmarren

Nov 25, 2009
I wonder if there is anyway the stilletos get a logo update with this update? If not my radio will be a mess.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Willies Place and Road House were merging. Heard that several months ago.

Maybe these are the ones which will be replaced for those lovely free minority channels we have been clamoring for.
I don't know about you but I can't wait for those Howard University channels! Wait, what, they are not Howard Stern channels?:scratch:

Reactions: Aaron

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I wonder if there is anyway the stilletos get a logo update with this update? If not my radio will be a mess.
If they don't change the channel title, they shouldn't need one (at least on the SL2). Obviously new channels or changed channels would be blank. I wouldn't bank on an update.