New to Lynx - Questions

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
DogstarRadio.com Sirius Radio Satellite and Repeater Map

There's a repeater near Pomona that lists as active, but I'm not sure if it ever managed to reach Rancho.

Go into your settings ad check your signal strength meters. You'll see Sat strength and repeater strength that you're receiving.

See if you can get Rock Bar on your Lynx in using your internet feed instead of the sats.
Just curious- on those maps the green are active & red are inactive, but what is the status of the yellow ones? Does it mean SXM is not sure or are they not maintained?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
If your area does not receive a sat signal and you have to rely on a repeater, does that show up as 'Terrestrial' on the signal meter? The reason I'm asking is that there are no active repeaters in my area.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The yellows are unconfirmed. I'm not sure how they go about doing that. I don't know if it's just that people receive signal, but nobody knows which building/tower the repeater is located on, or if they can't get some sort of corporate confirmation of the specifics of the equipment. :clueless:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
The yellows are unconfirmed. I'm not sure how they go about doing that. I don't know if it's just that people receive signal, but nobody knows which building/tower the repeater is located on, or if they can't get some sort of corporate confirmation of the specifics of the equipment. :clueless:
It says "FCC" under each yellow one- I'm guessing the FCC maintains these, not SXM. So if one of them goes down, it would be much harder to get them fixed. You would have to contact SXM, who would then have to contact the proper dept at the FCC to get the ball rolling!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Like usual, they didn't ask me first. :clueless:

I'm not sure why the FCC would maintain them, unless it's just for EMS purposes.
I'd lean towards them finding the repeaters through an FCC database.
But again, I'm only guessing.

MikeJW

Oct 27, 2008
thanks everyone for your replies. i think ill mess around with the antenna, to see if a slight movement will help. if not, then ill call and see what they say on the phone.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I have had an issue since switching to the xm side. My xm xpress rci gets 100 just fine, but then i'll tune to 36 or 37 and it drops out. i moved the antenna so i had 3 bars on that channel (moved it to the right about 6 inches..its sitting in my windowsill). tuned back to 100 and it had 2 bars. yay.

MikeJW

Oct 27, 2008
well, i moved the antenna very very slightly and all of a sudden, it seems like the problem is solved. funny how minor a move it can take. thanks to everyone here who reached out and gave suggestions. as a new lynx owner, it feels good knowing there's a nice community of people here willing to help. :)