Nintendo Wii 2

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Nintendo Wii 2 Rumors

Wii 2 Unveiling Expected at E3 Expo in June | Video Gaming Pros

The Nintendo Wii has had no major updates in the last five years, and anticipation is building as rumors of a Wii 2 circulate throughout the video gaming industry and community. Blog posts and news stories galore riddled cybers space on Friday, and you can feel the excitement start to build. Nintendo is expected to formally announce the Wii 2 console at the E3 Expo which takes place June 7-9.

The console has been dubbed with the codename “Project Cafeâ€, and will reportedly feature dual analog sticks, built in sensor bar, trigger buttons, and a standard d-pad. Most excitingly, the new Wii 2 will also feature HD support according to Game Informer, something which should take the Wii’s graphics quality up several notches in and of itself. Kotaku has released reports that the specifications of the new Wii 2 console are expected to be even more powerful than what is found on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Nintendo is remaining tight lipped, and has not commented on what they say are speculation and rumors. Both IGN and Game Informer have cited have access to anonymous sources which claim to know that Nintendo will indeed make the announcement at E3, and that launch is expected in 2012.

This is a smooth move for Nintendo as they have lost much of their previous competitive edge to the more advanced interactive motion sensor technology that has emerged from Sony and Microsoft with the PlayStation Move and the Xbox Kinect. The Nintendo Wii was one the hottest selling video game console in the US, and perhaps and enhanced and updated next generation model can put them back in that #1 spot.

Last edited:

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Sounds pretty sweet! My poor Wii has been collecting dust for quite a while, I much prefer the games on PS3. I should break out Wii sports sometime. Some of those classic console games are fun too. Like Super Mario Bros and Double Dragon.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Sounds pretty sweet! My poor Wii has been collecting dust for quite a while, I much prefer the games on PS3. I should break out Wii sports sometime. Some of those classic console games are fun too. Like Super Mario Bros and Double Dragon.

Yes, the PS3 is way better. The hardware is far better and, more importantly, the games are so much better.

I'm currently playing God of War 1 on the PS3 and even thought that is really just a PS2 port onto the PS3, it is better than just about any wii game.

Outside of the Mario games and RE4, the wii just didn't do it for me.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
My son is really into WWE Wrestling games for the Wii. Although he is using adapted gamecube controllers and I think one of his games is actually a gamecube game.