Notre Dame to the ACC?

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
Big East is going the way of the WAC at this point...

Interesting that they will play up to 5 ACC football games, does anyone know how long ND's deal with NBC is?

Might be a stepping stone to ND joining the ACC for everything once that expires...

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
I wonder if NBC will renew the contract...ND has kinda sucked the past several years...

Thanks Semi for the info!

It will be interesting to see if NBC will renew, you have to think, there are a LOT of big time matchups that ND has, like USC, Michigan, etc. You have to wonder if NBC would be willing to pay that kind of money for a Notre Dame/Duke matchup?

Many people have said the Notre Dame was the last piece of the puzzle as far as the NCAA having 4 "Superconferences" vying for the BCS.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out..

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Sounds good for Notre Dame. There's probably more football sharing revenue in the ACC than Big East and isn't Syracuse switching to the ACC. Basketball will be even better. And their hockey program will join Hockey East in 2013 and compete with Boston College.

Someone on College Sports Nation mentioned that the Big East should change it's name to the Coast to Coast conference once Boise and SDSU join the conference.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Jim D the Big Ten commissioner said Notre Dame wanted to do that with the Big Ten but they said no. They would have to join in football too. I don't know why he never had the balls to say no Michigan, Michigan State or Purdue game unless you join. I guess they won't be playing them now.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Those are all club teams. Only BC has an NCAA D-I team.

Virginia Tech, MD, Pitt and Syracuse and maybe some others have club teams that play in other club leagues. VT plays at the civic center here in beautiful downtown Roanoke, VA.

I knew it didn't sound that familiar, I know BC because they've been in a few Frozen Fours in the past. Plus they usually play the University of Denver pretty tough.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
ND will probably keep there more traditional match ups, like USC, Michigan, Michigan St, Purdue, Navy.

They're playing Miami again & Boston College (ACC)

They will have match ups with Clemson, Virginia Tech, Florida St. Pittsburgh. Should be good :)

Given the popularity, I'm sure NBC would not a chance to sign ND to another huge television contract. As long as that happens, ND will stay independent...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III via Tapatalk :)

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Given the popularity, I'm sure NBC would not a chance to sign ND to another huge television contract. As long as that happens, ND will stay independent...

NBC is owned by Comcast now and there are doubts about whether they'll renew the deal. The former NBC execs that signed it had kids at ND, and the team wasn't lousy then. Now, it's all about money and ratings and not NBC's management's personal ties to the school.

Notre Dame, the Fleecing Irish - Businessweek

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
This is one reason I have always hated ND.

They think they are a elite football program that does not need to join a conference, that "Notre Dame Football" is something special, ND has not been "special" for 20 years now.

It is the same reason I hate the Yankees, and Duke, btw..

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN

I sound like a retard in that paragraph :(

Lets try this again :)

Given the popularity, I'm sure NBC would not pass up a chance to sign ND to another huge television contract. As long as that happens, ND will stay independent...

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I sound like a retard in that paragraph :(

Lets try this again :)

Given the popularity, I'm sure NBC would not pass up a chance to sign ND to another huge television contract. As long as that happens, ND will stay independent...

I knew what you meant. ;)