OEM System Review: Cadillac CUE on ATS Model

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Ever since I saw a demo of the Cadillac CUE Entertainment system I was hooked on wanting it. I ordered my Cadillac ATS a couple months ago and it finally arrived. It's quite the splurge and I'm sure I will be enjoying it for years to come.

It's all touchscreen and would be described as iPad like. In fact so iPad like they actually include a Cadillac engraved iPad with any Cadillac sold with the CUE system.
34i5yq8.jpg

34xi6og.jpg

The screen looks amazing, but the smoothness in pinching, moving, etc is nowhere near as smooth as an iPad.

Off the bat the system has AM/FM/XM and Pandora. Pandora is controlled via Accessory mode off your car w/Bluetooth. I have gotten it to work about half the time. It's just kinda slow and buggy when operating that way, same goes with listening to SiriusXM Internet Radio via Bluetooth. The sound quality is better but connectivity can be frustrating. But for me as long as Matt & Kim are playing I'm happy.
34j4xuo.jpg

The SiriusXM interface is awesome. I'm Geeking out on it. It supports Pause and Rewind. And like my last car you could Pause it, turn the car off and when you return within an hour you'd be brought back to where you left off.
33zfeoy.jpg

Some other features it supports are
-TuneSelect (like Artist/Song Seek)
-Tagging Songs (so when you connect your phone it can purchase them later)
-Browsing all the channels via Song, Artist or Channel name

What I'm not a fan of is that it's not branded SiriusXM. It shows the XM logo and also XM channels are shown in presets by the Channel Number and not the Channel Name like in most OEM Sirius setups. Also most new cars equipped with Sirius are branded SiriusXM. It's confusing and not consistent.

The navigation and weather info on this is incredible. The weather info is updated a lot faster than my last car. It can display weather for the next 36 hours or for the next 5 days. And then it will also give you weather warnings if something important is going on. I got a Wind Alert since we had up to 50mph gusts.
t7hbmp.jpg

1zeh7di.jpg

oj11j6.jpg

I hope to post some more pictures of the setup. But I'm digging it very much. The display on of the radio by the gauges is also pretty cool..

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Cool set-up!
I'd like to see a pic of the SXM channel menu. #'s but no names sounds like a drag. I'm assuming there will be firmware updates from GM for you. Any idea who made the radio for them?

So is the internet feed is through your phone?

How king have you had the car? I think this is the version I was looking at at the Auto Show in Detroit. They spent a lot if time talking about the touch screen and comparing it to an iPad.

Good stuff! :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
When you browse through the channels you can change the view to toggle between, channel name, artist/show, and song/topic
2edrxg8.jpg

ctjpc.jpg

vfcw89.jpg

Here's a display of the traffic flow provided from the XM service on the Freeways
ynsyh.jpg

You slide your finger up on the presets to bring up a bigger selection of them. Not sure if I will ever have them all filled. You have a few pages of this many so 60 presets total.
k4guht.jpg

Here is a shot of the home screen with Audio, Phone, Navigation, Settings, Pandora, Weather, Climate and OnStar. The SiriusXM is all controlled under Audio.
awx5pl.jpg

The center console piece rises up and provides some storage along with a USB slot.
152f67l.jpg

Here is a shot of the display which by the gauges.
n2bya1.jpg

And here are the XM Options
280jio9.jpg

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
That's a drag that the tuner screen only has the one line per station. They must have been trying to keep it simple to keep people from taking their eyes off of the road for too long. I line that there's the now playing screen under the speedo. That's interesting that they are using the Sirius traffic. With the gps chip in the Lynx, I wonder how far away it is that they start using it there too.

Nice set up indeed.

FlyersFan76

Nov 28, 2011
Apparently it is Linux based.

Odd considering the OnStar system is made/developed by the market leader in infotainment of QNX.

If certain people knew who the parent company of QNX has been for the past 3 or so years QNX might be judged in a negative light so I will leave that alone but their other systems are incredible.

The dash where the speedometer is for the Porsche Panamera and the full size Range Rover are unbelievable.

The screens are crystal clear.

I believe that QNX has some similarities with QNX so it is possible that they were involved at some point especially if the ATS has OnStar since they would have to talk to each other.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Apparently it is Linux based.

Odd considering the OnStar system is made/developed by the market leader in infotainment of QNX.

If certain people knew who the parent company of QNX has been for the past 3 or so years QNX might be judged in a negative light so I will leave that alone but their other systems are incredible.

The dash where the speedometer is for the Porsche Panamera and the full size Range Rover are unbelievable.

The screens are crystal clear.

I believe that QNX has some similarities with QNX so it is possible that they were involved at some point especially if the ATS has OnStar since they would have to talk to each other.

Awesome! At least they are keeping busy making good products. It isn't that there was anything wrong with their other products, it's just that they let the competition become the innovators.