On Classic Rewind

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Dec 3, 2012.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

It looks like what they did was temporary. Not sure why they did it like they did but Goodman is back on CR on his usual shift today.

Goodman now also appears on the SXM CR webpage list again. He was missing last weekend.

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Just his book tour????

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

3. IdRatherBeSkiing

I understand he may take a couple weekends off for various reasons. Christine Stone is off this weekend but she is still on the webpage and sub says he is in for her. They did not re-arrange the schedule or anything. Goodman was off for a weekend, they deleted him from the webpage and moved people around. Makes little sense.

4. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

I enjoy the 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Weekday shift very much :buttrock::music::purpbanana::woohoo:

5. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I get it - no DJ. :D

6. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Xm 25

Classic Rewind’s Top 30 Cassettes From 30 Summers Ago
    Fri 5/24 3:00 pm ET

Classic Rewind’s Top 30 Cassettes From 30 Summers Ago. SiriusXM’s Sounds Of Summer continues as we celebrate the long Memorial Day Weekend rewinding to the Summer of 1983. Thirty summers ago blockbuster movies were on the silver screen like, National Lampoon’s Vacation, Return of The Jedi, Trading Places, AND some of the best CASSETTES from the Second Generation of Classic Rock! They were the innovators that created a new sound that would impact rock fans for decades. Find out which cassettes made the cut and which is #1…. with Classic Rewind’s Top 30 Cassettes From 30 Summers Ago, exclusively on channel 25.

7. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

That ought to be a fun listen!

8. SIRIUSaboutXM

Classic Rewind’s Top 30 Cassettes From 30 Summers Ago
    Classic Rewind’s Top 30 Cassettes From 30 Summers Ago. SiriusXM’s Sounds Of Summer continues as we celebrate the long Memorial Day Weekend rewinding to the Summer of 1983. Thirty summers ago blockbuster movies were on the silver screen like, National Lampoon’s Vacation, Return of The Jedi, Trading Places, AND some of the best CASSETTES from the Second Generation of Classic Rock! They were the innovators that created a new sound that would impact rock fans for decades. Find out which cassettes made the cut and which is #1…. with Classic Rewind’s Top 30 Cassettes From 30 Summers Ago, exclusively on channel 25. (Runs 2hrs & 30 min)

:note: Despite the fact that every song was from 1983, by far the best special Rewind has ever done! :bigclap:
    Every replay follows the same list obviously, but they're playing different songs each time. Some of the Cassette titles are very obscure for a Classic Rock channel, but I have to agree with most of these plastic gems!

#30) Modern Romans by The Call
    #29) Speaking In Tongues by Talking Heads
    #28) Keep It Up by Loverboy
    #27) Money & Cigarettes by Eric Clapton
    #26) Bent Out of Shape by Rainbow
    #25) In Heat by The Romantics
    #24) Tour de Force by 38 Special
    #23) State of Confusion by The Kinks
    #22) Kihnspiracy by Greg Kihn Band
    #21) Lick It Up by KISS
    #20) Midnight Madness by Night Ranger
    #19) Album by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
    #18) Mental Health by Quiet Riot
    #17) Cuts Like a Knife by Brayn Adams
    #16) Texas Flood by Stevie Ray Vaughan
    #15) Let's Dance by David Bowie
    #14) Sports by Huey Lewis & The News
    #13) The Wild Heart by Stevie Nicks
    #12) The Distance by Bob Seger
    #11) Undercover by The Rolling Stones
    #10) Flesh For Fantasy by Billy Idol
    #09) The Principle of Moments by Robert Plant
    #08) 90125 by Yes
    #07) Frontiers by Journey
    #06) Genesis by Genesis
    #05) Uh-Huh by John Mellencamp
    #04) Synchronicity by The Police
    #03) Pyromania by Def Leppard
    #02) War by U2
    #01) Cassette-1983 ZZ Top by Eliminator

[​IMG]

On Now & Rebroadcast: Today @ 6 pm; Tomorrow @ 3 pm; Sunday @ 8 pm; Monday @ 7 am, 12 pm & 7 pm ET

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  9. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Listening to the replay right now.. Good stuff!

10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Wow, that list takes me back to freshman year of high school. :buttrock:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2384ayqnAho]Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart (official video) - YouTube[/ame]
    Long video

11. IdRatherBeSkiing

I have heard some of this while listening but I believe #23 is The Kinks not Genesis which is also #6.

12. SIRIUSaboutXM

Update: #23 was State of Confusion by The Kinks- I got confused by Land of Confusion by Genesis. Whole Lotta Confusion going on in my head!!

13. SIRIUSaboutXM

Correct you are- Ironically, right now I'm listening to Tom Petty's Buried Treasure OnDemand and they're playing 'Dazed & Confused' by The Yardbirds! :sorry: :scatch: :lolsign: :jester: :idunno: :jawdrop: :headphones: :confused: :buttrock: :beer: :D

14. SIRIUSaboutXM

If you use the Start Now feature, and go back to Noon, you'll get a Special Holiday Moment from Classic Rewind- first they played Taps for Memorial Day and then played 'Remember the Heroes' by Sammy Hagar before they kicked off another installment of the Top 30 Cassettes Special.

:agree: Very Cool- Thanks Rewind for a very special Holiday weekend! :buttrock:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. SIRIUSaboutXM

All this week- if you'd rather hear facts instead of opinions tune in from 6:00 pm – 12:00 am
    Classic Rewind with Jim Kerr

Jim Kerr was only 14 when he landed his first on-air radio job at a country music station in Ypsilanti, MI. A longtime NYC radio personality, Jim is still a country music fan, but that hasn’t stopped him from being a great rock DJ.

[​IMG]

Great DJ from 50son5 and used to be the daytime DJ on Classic Vinyl :bigthumbup:

16. IdRatherBeSkiing

He was also afternoons on Rewind for a while until he was abruptly removed. I like him. Listened to him tonight. Can he replace Carol Miller?

17. SIRIUSaboutXM

All this coming week: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
    Classic Rewind with Jim Kerr

Jim Kerr was only 14 when he landed his first on-air radio job at a country music station in Ypsilanti, MI. A longtime NYC radio personality, Jim is still a country music fan, but that hasn’t stopped him from being a great rock DJ.

[​IMG]

Great DJ from 50son5 and used to be the daytime DJ on Classic Vinyl :bigthumbup:

No, but he will replace PSJ next week!

18. SIRIUSaboutXM

Carol Miller off this week- Dano surfing the Classic Rewind air-"waves" 6am to Noon

19. SIRIUSaboutXM

Oops- they lied on the schedule. Just heard her

20. IdRatherBeSkiing

My condolences.

SXM is such teases.