On Classic Rewind

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Dec 3, 2012.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

C or K matters not. One is a DJ in Rewind the other is not. Pretty hard to confuse which one I might be talking about.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Don't forget.... He's sirius About XM.........
    There's no room for messin around here....
    Just sayin.....
    :Smiley_wink:

3. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Exactly! I wasn't going to, but I cant resist now :boxing:

Mark Goodman is his real name :deadhorse:

You should have more respect for the DJ's on YOUR FAVORITE CHANNELS!!

4. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

This guy would argue that fact!

[​IMG]

5. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

AC/DC Radio on SiriusXM's Classic Rewind Channel 25
    SPECIAL LIMITED ENGAGEMENT

AC/DC Radio debuts November 26 at 6 pm ET/ 3 pm PT – December 8 at 3 am ET on Classic Rewind

The boys from down under are celebrating their new studio album, “Rock or Bust” (album in stores 12/2) with their own channel. “AC/DC Radio” will feature rock from the lads' entire Rock & Roll Hall of Fame career, and you’ll hear other Cassette Era Rockers that are AC/DC approved. Plus, catch another exclusive, SiriusXM Town Hall with AC/DC’s Angus Young & Brian Johnson and moderated by renowned/Grammy award winning producer Brendan O‘Brien, who produced ‘Rock Or Bust.’ The Town Hall debuts on Thanksgiving at 12 pm ET/9 am PT. #AC_DC

AC/DC Town Hall Encores
    Thanksgiving 11/27 at 3 pm and 8 pm ET
    Friday 11/28 at 6 am, 4 pm and 10 pm ET
    Saturday 11/29 at 12 am and 10 am ET
    Sunday 11/30 at 4 am and 7 pm ET
    Monday 12/1 at 10 am and 9 pm ET
    Tuesday 12/2 at 1 pm and 7 pm ET
    Wednesday 12/3 at 7 am ET
    Thursday 12/4 at 12 pm ET
    Friday 12/5 at 5 pm ET

For more information on Rock Or Bust as well as AC/DC's upcoming tour, visit www.acdc.com.

Casual Fan and HecticArt like this.
  6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

40 years and 17 albums is quite a career.
    But go buy the CD. They are raising bail money.

Casual Fan likes this.
  7. IdRatherBeSkiing

Like AC/DC but not that much.

8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

FM radio pretty much spoiled em for me because they only play the same 4 or 5 songs. That's not much variety from a 17 album catalog. I should tune in to hear more of what FM thinks doesn't exist. It's also kinda fun trying to translate from Australian to English.

goreds2 likes this.
  9. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Yes, I received a newsletter about the AC/DC channel. When I was 19, AC/DC was the group all the guys liked and the gals never understood what the big deal was.

HecticArt and goreds2 like this.
  10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Guys dug em because we know they pulled more tail than a 3 year old at a petting zoo.

11. IdRatherBeSkiing

From what Alan said last evening it won't be 100% AC/DC and will have normal CR DJs but all music will be personally selected by AC/DC.

goreds2 likes this.
  12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Even better.

Sent from Tapatalk

13. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I loved the intro of the channel giving a short story of the AC/DC band leading up to the first song.... Hells Bells.

14. IdRatherBeSkiing

I will be grateful when RHOF weekend is over and ever 3rd song on Classic Rewind can stop being Journey, ELO or Yes. While I like the first 2, enough is enough. And trying to find 'hits' from Yes beyond Owner of a Lonely Heart is pitiful.

semipenguin likes this.
  15. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

What's sad is that Pearl Jam has their own channel, yet Lithium plays at least one of their song each hour

16. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Yes had a dozen hits in the decade before 90125. But I understand where you're coming from with the RRHOF thing. Unfortunately, they broadcast that channel from the RRHOF, and they tell you that every 10 minutes, all year long. Why do they think I give a shit where they broadcast from? It's satellite radio; where the signal comes from makes no difference. It's just another one of their excuses to play pre-recorded DJ insights, instead of music.

17. IdRatherBeSkiing

I am not really a Yes fan so it was more noticeable. But I did find that playing the artists so frequently they were dipping pretty deep into the library for Journey and ELO as well.

Not all DJs come from RRHOF. I know Alan Hunter comes from Florida (which he has mentioned many times as well). DJ insights now a days seem to be promos of other SXM channels or contests.

18. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Yeah, perhaps it's just certain DJs or programs that are broadcast "from the Alan Freed studio in the RRHOF", or some such bullshit. And it's either Classic Rewind or Classic Vinyl (or both) that do it. But it's all year long and it drives me nuts.

19. IdRatherBeSkiing

Rachel Steele does it on Rewind. I think almost everybody on Vinyl does it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotchandcigar likes this.
  20. IdRatherBeSkiing

I have noticed an increase in commercials/advertisements for other channels on Rewind (I know they are not technically commercials but they last about 20-30 seconds so I consider them the same). They will talk about how "If you liked what you just heard, you can listen to more of it on channel XXX or channel YYY and if you are in them mood for {somethine completely random} you can here it on channel ZZZ or listen to it on the Sirius XM app. Just play the damn music.

Also they have these sweepers where they play about 3-4 seconds of about 10 of their songs. It goes on for ever. Just play the damn music.

</rant>